• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Training Music

lordtariel

What type of music do you like to listen to when you train at home or do you think that training while listening to music is a bad idea?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well at our dojo, we usualy dont have music on, since it could be distracting. but at home, or at the gym when i work out, i usualy listen to rock, or something that syches me up. but sometimes i like to switch it around and i listen to softer stuff. it depends on my mood. but generaly i like listening to music when i train.

I never listen to music when I train, but occasionally I enjoy training in a noisy environment to teste my concentration.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I do like to have music when I am training. I tend to keep fast paced music going. If I have slow paced music, I find that i tend to slow down. I especially notice this when I go for a bike ride. The faster the music, the faster I pedal. Ok, I am not like a road runner in the dojo or anything, but music keeps me moving.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

Hard-ish fast rock for punching practice, otherwise classical (late romantic period piano concertos to be precise, sometimes also opera, it's motivating) for slower stuff like pressups etc.

Nothing whilst running, mainly cos I don't have pockets :P

Hard-ish fast rock for punching practice, otherwise classical (late romantic period piano concertos to be precise, sometimes also opera, it's motivating) for slower stuff like pressups etc.

Nothing whilst running, mainly cos I don't have pockets :P

You should do a search, this is a subject that comes up once every couple weeks.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I was actually kinda fishing for more music to listen to while working out. More names than music styles. Thanks for the replies though.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Any music store has a section where you can get a mixed copy of hip hop or dance music. I do like both because of the upbeat tempo they contain. If you are not sure, tell the sale person what you are looking for and he/she I am sure will take you right to that section.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.