• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Pill/Supplement Question

Kumori

Would it be a good idea to take a Water Pill to release a bit of the water in my body to show my muscles more?

What about taking that with Creatine?

And lastly , What is Nitrous Oxide? and what does that do? Is it safe?

Oh yeah , does any of these things cause like shrinkage or slowed growth in genitals or my man member? ( i had to call it that cause of the stupid censor)

Regards ,

Kumori

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What little I know is creatine requires more water. I'd ask a doctor.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

As patusai said Cretine swells you muscles with warter and can help some people during exsurtion. This is a safe substance to use and as long as the directions are followed and LOTS of water is consumed.

Here is a link on the subject http://www.karateforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=19874

I don't think the water pill is necessary or will help. I really only hear of women taking them bout I do not know much on the subject other then the help shed excess water. In my opinion if you want to lose water weight just sweat it off, but this can be dangerous if you don't rehydrate because you may become dyhydrated.

As far a nitrous oxide (if this is kind I think you are refurring to ) it is a way that people use to get high. People inhale the nitrous, and long story short , it cuts off oxygen to the brain. (I believe this is the correct explanation) The nitrous molecules are smaller thatn the blood cells and they (nitrous) travel directly to the brain cutting off blood flow. This give the "high" sensation but if too much is consumend it can suffocate the brain causing death.

There are several way people inhale the nitrous but I'm not going to get into that.

Needless to say this would not be benifitical in any way to your body or mind.

others may have some furter info on these subjects>

"Si vis pacem, para bellum."

- If you want peace, prepare for war-

Vegetius

I've been thinking about taking supplements, protein shakes and vitamins to help me gain muscle mass. Can anyone recommend any thing or where i should start.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

i personally take protien shakes after a workout. i also take amino acids (BCAA to be more exact) so my muscles recover faster. im 18, and heard those are good, but besides those, my knowledge is limited on the other things that are out there.

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

I don't know too much about nitric oxide.

As far a protein it is a great supplement to take, espically for those lifting weights. (The only supplement that that I personally take is protien)

During lifting muscles become fatigued. After becoming fatigued the muscles require protien to rebuild. There are many more scientific terms and other factors that paly into this (calorie intake, persons genitics, he goals of the individual) but the short of it is that the muscles require protien in order to grow.

Muscles can grow with out supplements but meeting the protein /vitamin/calorie intake rquirement can be hard to meet eating regualar foods. Also eating all this food rasies other intake such as fat the can hinder some peoples diet. In some cases, it would be almost impossible to eat the requred amount to get what a few supplement could easily supply.

"Si vis pacem, para bellum."

- If you want peace, prepare for war-

Vegetius

I know about protein and stuff, ive been using protein shakes and creatine for about 3 months.

My main question is if the water pill will make my muscles show alot more. I dont have much fat on me.. if i were to gues... maybe 10% at the most...

I want to have the Bruce Lee look , where he doesnt have to flex to see his mucles and make them toned. I do ALOT of cardio like everyday.

I train everyday , each section of my body every other day to mix it up and give them rest.

I just need some ways to get the Bruce Lee look , I have the muscles almost.. Maybe an 1/2 " more then im done. I want to have like uber tight skin

No. It will not. It will, however, cause your muscles to cramp much more easily.

If you've gained a lot of muscle in a short period of time, while loosing fat, it will take some months before you skin is tight enough for that kind of tone.

More likely, its body fat percentage. We have fat covering our muscles, and if yours aren't as defined as you like, it's probably because of your body fat. Just as a guess, but Lee's BFP was probably around 5. The only two guys I ever knew that looked like that had BFP's of 4 and 6. (This is not healthy for most people)

Honestly, you are 15, it is a really bad idea go nuts on dropping body fat right now, because of how much your body is growing- if one day it starts to shoot up, or put on more muscle, itself, and you don't have fat storage necessary, it will just stunt your growth in height, bone size, and muscle development. This will be bad for your body, and subsequently for your martial arts. If I were you I'd stick to your protein and Creatine, and let your tone come naturally- ask the guys here, in the next 5 years your body will put on muscle mass anyway, so if you keep working out, you'll see real results.

Good luck! And the waterpills will not work, but might help damage your kidneys and cause muscle cramps, so bad bad badness. :)

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Creatine and water pills are a recipe for disaster. Don't manipulate your water balance for a temporary enhancement of muscle definition--you'll feel horrible and risk damaging your kidneys, as the previous poster mentioned. Train hard, do sufficient cardio, rest, and eat properly. The rest depends on how well you chose your parents.

BTW Bruce Lee was an amazing martial artist, no doubt. But there is a strong possibility that his training regime may have been his demise.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu