• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Push ups

Well I guess doing them everyday is ok if you never want to have your muscles recover fully. I think if you look into it you will find that a muscle group needs to have at least 24 hrs rest to allow your muscle tissue to recover and rejuvinate that is how it increases in size. I could be wrong

Scott Walker

To Die Is To Suffer, But To Live Is To Find Meaning In The Suffering

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess doing them everyday is ok if you never want to have your muscles recover fully. I think if you look into it you will find that a muscle group needs to have at least 24 hrs rest to allow your muscle tissue to recover and rejuvinate that is how it increases in size. I could be wrong

Depends on the exercise intensity. An exercise that you can only do 3-8 reps causes more protein degradation in the muscles than an exercise that you can do 15-30 reps or more with. That's why you can run every day, but you can only do quality bench pressing up to twice per week. The running "reps" (of which most people perform more than 1200-1500 per mile run) are not nearly as damaging as the bench press reps on the muscle fibers. Therefore, rest between workouts is dependent on the intensity of the exercise session.

If you can only do 8 or 10 pushups, its best to do them no sooner than every other day at most. As you can do more and more reps, they break your muscle proteins down at a lower rate and you can do them more frequently.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu