Push ups

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im doign them mon through fri, ebcause i also do other chest exercises with weights. maybe that might be good for you?

on the note of push ups i was just curious if how fast you do them and if your head looks straight matters?

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

I do 100 press ups everyday (split 20 into 5 sets).

But I take rest on Sunday and dont do press-ups on Wednesday because I weight train, but you also have to take rest so that you can do more.

For Example If I Did Weight training, i would need rest to restor my energy to do it again.

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

I do them on days when I do "push" workouts. Don't do them everyday. Your muscles need to recover whenever you do a rigorous strength workout. Sure, you can still progress if you do them every day, but that is more about your body getting used to the excersise than it is about building muscle.

I strength train about 5 days a week: Two push days, two pull days, and a leg day (my legs take a long time to recover).

On one of my push days, I do 2 sets of 10 reps between every other excersise I do. So, by the end of the workout, I end up doing 100-140 push-ups plus many sets of bench press, dumbell bench, etc.

On the other day, I start by doing 1 set of push-ups to fatigue (thats usually around 65 for me). Then I follow that with the rest of my workout.

Am I a fitness expert? No. But that's my 2 cents, for what its worth.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

150-200 a day... sets of 20-30 minimum rest between sets.

push up normal, wide, narrow spacing.

push up raised leg.

push up on knuckles.

push up weighted back pack.

push up clap hands.

As good as any bench pressing routine.

Go all the way to the floor, if you cheat, you get no benifits so dont bother.

stretch first.

Be like water my friend!!

Ahem - Let me just say am glad they introduced "womens" press ups in our club!!

What are, womens press ups? My girlfriend goes to the same club as i and can do regular push ups...before she couldnt do one. Its all in practise and trial. Do you mean on your knees push ups?

I think they are good to start but one should try to move onto proper push ups as soon as.

Push ups are great in womens self defence because it gives you explosive power, to push an attacker away!

Be like water my friend!!