• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What kind of Royce will we see?

2 things-1st Royce is going to be fine conditioning wise for 3x5 minute rounds..the guy has fought for an hour and a half against sakuraba.

Also In an interview recenty Pat militech hinted that Matt is proabably working hard on his slams/takedown and he wants to prove a point by submitting royce.

If hughes is smart he will keep it standing because royce really does lack KO power...hughes issint a phenom on his feet but he has some solid kickboxing skills.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello royce has no problem standing up.He may not be the best but his hands are much better than matt.Y dont you pull some royce tapes.Yull see just mow much he actully does strike.Not just that royce can sidmit you standing a number of difrent ways.Mats only got a standing choke.Its gunna be one sided.Mats only fought a youg gr saintpear.Royce is a tactison.Mats a cage fighter

First off I would love to see Royce win, but I doubt it will happen. Royces only chane is that after Matt slams him and Royce gets back to guard he can work a triangle or arm bar (Hughes is vulnerable to subs) other wise the whole fight will involve Matt grond and pounding Royce from the guard

"Without Jiu Jitsu its like without my two legs."

-Rickson Gracie

https://www.myspace.com/cobraguard

Where did half of you learn how to spell? Atrocious spelling, guys.

Oh, Hughes will win this fight. I don't think Gracie will be much of a challenge.

I really do think Royce has this fight, he is training hard on his conditioning right now and I don't think that will be a factor in the fight, His last fight against Tokoro was great, he wasn't at his best though. Matt Hughes is really underestimating Gracie, which is no surprise, but, I have heard he is training real hard for the fight. Royce knows this fight is serious and hopefully sucks up everything he has into training because like he says ''You win the fight on the training camp''. Matt isn't much against submissions as we have seen a few times, but is a pure power house. So even if my favourite fighter Royce Gracie looses it will still be a great fight.

Come on Royce, WIN! WIN! WIN!

• 1 month later...

Actually there was video on one of the MMA forums or youtube that show him preparing for the hughes fight. He is working more on his striking and sprawling, be interesting to see what happens for the fight.

I think it will be interesting fight with it going to hughes by either Judges desciion or KO or TKO, Royces only chance in my opinion is a sub which will be hard to do on Hughes.

They are both great fighters, but I believe Royce is going to win by submission.

I think hughes might try and stay on his feet, but Royce is going fight his fight and take it toi Hughes.

I can't wait.

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!