• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

age for muscle building

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Don't you old enough?

I started lifting weights in the 5th grade!

And no lifting weights doesn't stunt your growth only unless you lift to heavily with not enough rest time in between!

Squats actually increase your level of gh making you grow taller!

i dont think there is any actuall level were u allowed to start as long as u dont lift anything to heavy or tireing depending own ur body type. most gyms though dont let u start using equipment till ur about ur age anyway. and alot of highschools like mine, have weight rooms in there facilites so maybe thehighschool u go to will have one. i say if ur going to start start with dumbells or a light weight level own bench and work up.

PEACE :karate:

it's not a deformity - merely stunted growth. at your age, it would be better to stick with bodyweight exercises - pushups, burpees, pullups, dips, etc. That said, I started lifting when I was 13. I kept everything in the 8-12 rep range for every exercise I performed.

while you're training, don't forget to lift those grammar books... :)

hey, im 13 and i was wondering if i am old to build muscle

You havent stopped growing! 13 is SUPER YOUNG for weights. I would concentrate on your general fitness and introduce LIGHT weights. AS you get older and naturally stronger THEN introduce heavier weights. Dont rush your still just a lad. 13 is NOT to old, come on!

Be like water my friend!!

OH WHOOPS, I typed it up wrong over there, I meant if I was old enough to start, beacuse I don't want to deform my body or anything.

Fair enough!! Do weights but keep em lighter and mix it with more body resistense exercise...push ups, sit ups, chin ups....more natural.

You dont want to over stress your joints as your bones are still growing at an acelerated rate.

Cardio is the key to real world power...big muscles are for show, if thats what you want be patient and not obsessive.

Good luck...dont drop that dumbell on your head!! use a spotter, save way the smart way.

Be like water my friend!!