• advertisement_alt

The Ultimate Fighter 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 3 weeks later...

This is one of the best shows on TV!!!

I use to not like Tito (trying to avoid chuck lidell...), but this show is bringing me around.

i think shamrock made a mistake by not having a submission coach in his corner (like tito did).

Everyone on that show is in fairly good shape, they don't need a bodybuilder\trainer. they need to ensure that they can make weight and last a couple 3 minute rounds. If the trainer is working on endurance, then I take back my comment, but i don't think so...

Now, I am a shamrock fan!

But I think the guys under team tito is going to win this.

I'm gonna root for team shamrock till the end, but don't think it going to happen.

comment last episode

I can't believe last episode that tito had his guy train the day of the fight causing him to almost break his ankle. i would have just rode the bike or something the day of the fight. he trained hard since the show started, he should be allowed to mellow out 24 hours before his fight. just my thought.

Question, (i'm not a grappler, i am starting to dabble), what is the fundamentals of the technique that was used to submit shamrock cocky kid? (looks like some type of elbow hyper-extension, but not sure) if someone could explain this, that would be great :D

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

I too, am looking forward to it. I enjoy the training and find it motivating for my own workouts.

Ortiz and Shamrock should bring an interesting angle to this edition.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I too, am looking forward to it. I enjoy the training and find it motivating for my own workouts.

Ortiz and Shamrock should bring an interesting angle to this edition.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 3 weeks later...

It's already episode 6 this Thu.

Team Ortiz lost 1 fighter early, then took out 4 fighters from Team Shamrock.

Ortiz and Shamrock were supposed to fight each other on UFC 61. Unfortunately, Ortiz got hurt during the fight with Forrest Griffin and can't find Shamrock. Forrest Griffin instead have stepped up and agreed to fight Shamrock on UFC 61.

We will all have to wait for the Ortiz vs. Shamrock rematch, if it will ever happen.....

OK, let’s talk about last night’s episode.

1st off - NO FIGHT???????????????????????????!!!!!!!

I had to go and watch one of my old UFC DVDS.

I can't believe that guy (is it Noah? - who cares....he quit!!) Quitting because his girlfriend of 5 months thinks he cheated on her.

There was only 2 weeks left, HE WAS ALREADY IN THE QUARTER FINALS!!!!

That conversation could have waited 2 weeks; UFC could have been his future.

:D (Disclaimer, attempt at funniness)

This girl knew where he was (on UF Season 3), why couldn't she go out and cheat during the show and just keep quiet until the show was over :D

Seriously, she could have waited 2 weeks to tell Noah that their relationship was over.

Yes, a note like that would have made me crazy too, but I would have stayed and taken my frustrations out in the octagon.

Why did they even allow a stupid note like that to even get to this guy? no one else gets mail!!! It was not like a relative was in the hospital or died or something, it was a stupid argument.

I hope he does not marry her, because when they fight, he is going to throw this up to each and every time. (she ruined his chance for something he likes\loves to do)

OK, off of that! I think Matt is playing up his being hurt. I think he is going to be a tough competitor in the octagon. Could that really be the first time he took a kick to the face? (I was 8 my first time, at some tournament in NJ. It rocked me, made me train harder)

The house is making everyone it crazy, beause they are being mean to matt (yes, he is cocky, but he is deaf - let him have that cockiness - he is not doing it to be mean)

I am soooooo addicted to this show.

Why can't someone make me a sandwich :D

What I want to know is how Noah got the letter anyway. The fighters are not supposed to have contact with the outside world right? No TV, no newspapers, internet, etc. Who slipped him the letter? Why? Was it real, trumped up tv drama, or a sly move by team Shammerock to get rid of a member of team Ortiz?

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

What I want to know is how Noah got the letter anyway. The fighters are not supposed to have contact with the outside world right? No TV, no newspapers, internet, etc. Who slipped him the letter? Why? Was it real, trumped up tv drama, or a sly move by team Shammerock to get rid of a member of team Ortiz?

That would be great!!!! :D

I did not think of that!

I can't wait until tonight.

Who is coming back, Solomon ( DAGGER????), he did not look good in his match, so i hope not!!!

I hope tonights fight is good.

can't wait!!!!!!

who is going to make Matt's sandwiches this episode :D

It'd be interesting to see the British guy back in it, if he wasn't already back in England. As for Shamrock's team, well they should have known what they were getting into. His job isn't to get them into shape, they should already be in shape. It should be his job to make sure they have the necessary tools to compete in the octagon and win. The nutrition guy is there to help them with maintaining weight while getting stronger. Solomon did well the first round, but gased and ended up losing on a weak head kick. True Tito is drilling more cardio, or so the editing shows, but how much will that really help them in a few weeks? After 6 weeks it might have started really helping, but not after the first couple. I think Tito's team will take it even though I don't like Tito. Shamrock got bad matchups a couple times, you had Jesse who somehow zoned out the armbar coming for a good minute and a half, Solomon who gased out, same thing with the Brit, and Kristian who lost his heart after taking a knee. Hopefully, Ed Herman will be able to backup everything he's been saying to secure another one for Shamrock, and you never know what might happen to Tito's golden boy.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War