Tang Soo Do question

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the forms we do are kee choo hyung il boo, kee choo hyung ee boo sang gup, kee choo hyung sahm boo, pyung ahn cho dan, pyung ahn ee dan, pyung ahn sahm dan, pyung ahn sah dan, pyung ahn oh dan, UFAF form 1, UFAF form 2, bassai dai, jion, then for our bo staff katas mahaba bastone inueza, and there is one more but i dont know the name of it

"Bushido is realized in the presence of death"

"TapouT or PassouT"

TSD is a great style. As was mentioned before, how practical it will be for your defending yourself has a lot to do with where you train. Talk to the instructor and ask his attitudes towards self defense. Some school are self defense first and art second, while some are mostly about art and tradition.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

Yeah, try it out and see for yourself whether it's a 'real' martial art... :wink:

TSD exists as an independent art after it failed to merge under the Taekwondo name. Tang Soo Do was the original Korean name for Japanese karate, so perhaps resembles karate more than anything else.

I think you can't go wrong with trying something out. You can always switch styles if you later find one more suited to your needs. Each style often complements another quite nicely.

There are no limits.

http://taekwondodiaries.blogspot.com

^^*

Try it out: great advice. :)

Every club, every style, every instructor is different - no one really knows what something is like until they try it!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

ive been doing tang sso do for nearly 2 years and belive me its a good form of self defense i work as glass colllector in a rough town and when things get bad and the bouncers are trying to get to the trouble sorted i trust that if anything happens i can defend myself and i have done in the past a good self defense grip we were taught a lepel grab(t shirt in my case) but it worked

"learning a martial art is like tuning a string instrument. tune the strings too hard and they will snap tune them too little and it will not play but tune it right and you will have music for a lifetime"-anonomous

I am new at this and I'd ask someone to help me with advice. I applied as recruiter manager at JobQueen, they promise to pay $87,000.00/year. I would like to know if they are for real and if they are how can I get quality sales reps in China. I didn't list the domain because promoting something is forbiden in most forums. So if you want to help me out please contact me direct at my email:

kimwongshu@yahoo.com