• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Which kata?

No question, Bassai Dai, then Jion.

Kata competitions are won largely by appearance, that of confidence and nice crisp simple movements. Bassai Dai displays this particularly well.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• 1 month later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...
oh sorry i forgot to post the results. i actually did pyung ahn sah dan (i believe its the korean form of pinan yandan) and i took first place

Congratulations! :)

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• 2 weeks later...
and i took first place

Well done!! :up:

I like that form, it's one of my favourite os the coloured belt patterns.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Absolutely do Bassai Dai. Sho and Jion are too short of kata for a tournament. Bassai Dai is highly respected among Karate practitioners. I have placed high in tournaments with this kata. Good luck and keep us posted.

Sorry to correct you and I don't mean to sound rude if I do, but I believe the person who posted this topin is not a Tang Soo Do practitioner, but a Chun Kuk Do Practitioner. In Chun Kuk Do, Jion is the longest Kata...

The only way of reaching the limits of the possible, is by going beyond them into the impossible...

Flying is easy, just throw yourself at the ground as hard as you can and miss. ^_^

they let you do korean forms of katas?

There are "Korean forms" of many kata, such as the Heian/Pinan series, Bassai, Rohai and Jiin. They are commonly practised in TSD clubs, but some TKD schools adopt these Korean variants of Karate Kata too, along with the specific patterns of TKD.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!