karate style

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've only done goju ryu...so of course it's my favorite. But I still love it lots and lots and lots.

"good enough is the enemy of excellence"

Shodan Goju Ryu karate-do under Sensei Gene Villa

I've had experience in Kyokushin, Shorin Ryu and Shotokan. I like them all very much. But I guess I'd rank them this way:

1 Shotokan

2 Kyokushin

3 Shorin Ryu

I've also studied Shotokan much longer and, therfore, understand it best. Kyokushin longer than Shorin Ryu. I guess that makes me biased also.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

It has to be Shotokan! :D (I wonder why? :-? :lol:)

I have tried Kyusho Jitsu which is interesting... Very hurtful if you try it out in practice! :lol: But then what is to say that when trying Karate out it too doesn't hurt! :D

:karate: :D

To know the road ahead; ask those coming back... ~ Chinese Proverb

" The ultimate aim of Karate lies not in victory or defeat, but in the perfection of the character of its participants. " ~ Master Funakoshi

I have studied both Shobayashi Shorin-ryu and Shudokan. I have also studied Tang Soo Do and TKD, though it has been a few years ago. Personally I prefer the Okinawan arts and I prefer Shorin-ryu to Shudokan because it fits my bodytype better. The whipping actions of Shudokan don't work as well with my arm and leg lengths and muscular body.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu