Whitefeather

How many stance changes?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How many stance changes?

• 10-30
    • 30-50
    • 50-70

Hey various pedestrians and karatekas,

What is the longest kata that you do, quantified by how many times your stance changes?

"Between genius and insanity, there lies a fine line. I like to think of it as the tip of the diving board."

-An anonymous insane genius

"Fight I, not as one that beateth the air"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the longest kata that you do, quantified by how many times your stance changes?

Kunimura no Hakutsuru is the longest kata I know. It's over 250 step and takes about 3 minutes.

John

Kunimura no Hakutsuru is the longest kata I know. It's over 250 step and takes about 3 minutes.

John

Do you have a video? What style is it? I think in Shito Ryu one of the longest katas must be Suparimpei, not by the number of stages (I think Chantaniara No Kusanku is longer in that aspect), but for the time, as it is a kata with a lot of concentration movements.

Do you have a video? What style is it? I think in Shito Ryu one of the longest katas must be Suparimpei, not by the number of stages (I think Chantaniara No Kusanku is longer in that aspect), but for the time, as it is a kata with a lot of concentration movements.

I do have a video of it, this kata is from Matsumura Shorin Ryu, it's one of the highest kata. It's about twice as long as Supraimpei and way more complicated than Chatan Yara Kusanku.

I always thought the longest kata in Shito Ryu was Haku Cho from Gokenki.

John

I do have a video of it, this kata is from Matsumura Shorin Ryu, it's one of the highest kata. It's about twice as long as Supraimpei and way more complicated than Chatan Yara Kusanku.

I always thought the longest kata in Shito Ryu was Haku Cho from Gokenki.

John

Could you upload the video anywhere? I would like to know that kata.

My Seiei Kan ones were longer, but Kajukenbo forms are quite short.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

This is the longest kata I know also...Have also gone thru Nipaipo....that kata is crazy...all ove the place and all angles. Okinawan whate crane kempo versions. :karate:

quote="johnnymac"]

John

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei

I once read actually that for a certain style of kendo, certain samurai to be would have to preform a day long kata which added up to be about 2750movements. Along with other grueling tests, such as in the least grueling test, a 250 consecutive sparring session with the other students, I'm not sure of the details though.

This style doesnt exist I dont think anymore.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Now THAT is a long day!!!! :D

I once read actually that for a certain style of kendo, certain samurai to be would have to preform a day long kata which added up to be about 2750movements. Along with other grueling tests, such as in the least grueling test, a 250 consecutive sparring session with the other students, I'm not sure of the details though.

This style doesnt exist I dont think anymore.

A punch should stay like a treasure in the sleeve. It should not be used indiscrimately.

Kyan Chotoku Sensei