Long term and Short tern goals?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short-term: graduate from college and be invited to Hugh Hefner's Playboy Mansion on the same day. WOOOHOOOO!!!

Long-term: Eat healthier food. Yesterday I tried brocolli and spinach. Today I'm on banana. On my eighth one this moment, starting to feel alittle sick.... :dead:

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

On 2002-04-12 03:57, Bon wrote:

Hiya, just as a side note... You do know that doing the splits doesn't mean you can kick head height don't you ?

Yeah - just ask me...if I am fully warm, I can do a side kick like the ones in commercials and stuff...where my foot is totally facing upwards towards the ceiling - I am not even CLOSE to doing a split, at least that's what I think (my instructor says maybe this year is "finally my year".

GOALS:

Short term: Learn how to do a better armbar from the guard - I am a female fighting against mostly males - if I could do submissions from the guard, I'd be world better! Also, do well at an upcoming tournament, and in our upcoming school demo. Hold my own against TKD black belts and BJJ blue belts in sparring (hold my own AKA not get pulverised.die :smile:)

Long term: Black belt TKD, Yellow belt BJJ (black belt is such a distant goal for a teenage grappler, I'll stick with the next rank), be ABLE TO DO A SPLIT FOR NO PARTIC REASON, improve my school average to a 95...that's about it...if I think of more I'll surely add them! :smile:

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

Short - to gain 10 pounds, be able to throw all my techniques right or left handed, and become more flexible

Long - weigh 190lbs(currently I weigh 165) be good in Muay THai, BJJ, and Kali and maybe even Krav-Maga.

I know it is alot but i hope to get it done. :grin:

Ooh hiya, great goals everyone! :smile:

And yep, Bon, I know doing the side splits isn't the same as kicking head high. I can kick a tiny bit over my head now, but I'm still inches off the ground. :cry: :cry: :sad:

I wanna go to the olympics, too. :grin:

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, for the most essential things are invisible to the eye.

well my long term goal is to get to black belt in kickboxing

and well my Short term goal is to gain at least 5 more lbs and to lift more heavier weights

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

My short term goal is to join a Martial Arts Program again.

I used to participate in TKD (blue belt) until I moved to Africa from living in Canada all my life. But since then I have had no desire for self-defense styles.

If you could recommend any combat styles to me, please read my thread in the Geneal Martial Arts fourm entitled "Finding a Style that Fits"

My long term goals are to get back into shape and improve my quality of life. I don't care how rich successful I MIGHT become, as long as I'm happy everday is reward enogh for living.

I used to have enough physical ability to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro (which I did at the age of 16, that's right.. to the summit baby) After that I moved back to Canada and have found myself gasping for air after running 4 city blocks.

- Bishop

[ This Message was edited by: Bishop on 2002-04-14 20:09 ]

"No Cross, No Crown"

Long Term - I want to eventually achieve a BB in one MA.

Short Term - I am looking at Kobudo soon as it has sparked my interest. I have been told it explains some of the more obscure hand techniques, but we'll see.

Melanie

---------------

Be nice if I get this right one day...

short-term: lead a healthier life (3 meals, sleep before midnight, wake up before 6am, etc), start practicing hard (who cares if i'll get a BB or not :weirdlook: )

long-term: get the club up and going properly (the club is really having problems with this and i may post this problem in a while), graduate from college w/ good grade (3.5+?), get a scholarship, further studies, get a good job. (very long term, no? :wink: )

Short term goals: To start learning thru a different art. I'm thinking about a BudoKeshei? not quite sure how it is spelled. I've heard real good things about this school. Compete and do well in some up-coming martial arts compitions.

Long term: To get to my 3rd. Dan In ninjitsu. To get certified to teach Muay Thai and kickboxing. To one day to have my own indoor dojo!!!

MonkeyNinja