• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is your favorite american karate film??

It's not really set in America, I think, but I really enjoyed Transporter. Jason Statham is a heck of a martial artist. I liked the first film better than the second, though the reviewers thought otherwise.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

• 2 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not really set in America, I think, but I really enjoyed Transporter. Jason Statham is a heck of a martial artist. I liked the first film better than the second, though the reviewers thought otherwise.

Respectfully,

Sohan

what style does Jason study ?

everyone has fear, but it is when we let it overcome us that we lose

soft, hard, slow, fast components of kata

Respectfully,

Sohan

what style does Jason study ?

Interesting question. I recently did some more research on Statham, and it appears he's had a mixture of training, but in his words, he's "never achieved rank." He's pretty vague on his MA background in interviews, but it seems he has studied TKD. He was an Olympic diver in '92, so that is likely where he gets much of his athleticism.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Enter the dragon

Karate kid

Universal soldier

"Violent action may be understood as the way of Martial Arts, but the true meaning of the Martial Arts is to seek and attain the Way of Peace and Harmony." Master Hironori Otsuka

"He who stretches beyond his natural reach, does not stand firmly upon the ground; just as he who travels at a speed beyond his means, cannot maintain his pace." Lao Tzu

Respectfully,

Sohan

I prefer the first movie as well, even though it was not only set outside of America, it was MADE in France, haha. Still a good movie.

In Chirst,

Phil Stewart

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd say Legend of drunken master. The directing style is all hollywood, not hong kong.

Destined To Bring Light