• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Bad Joints

hi,

I was just wondering does enybody else have problems with hips,knees and ankles or anyother part of their body clicking excessivally, it's just only my hips,knees and ankles have started to do this more and more offten ever since i have started training a year and a half ago, it's got me worried a little bit as i don't really want bad joints in the future. The problem goes away when i warm up and stretch in the dojo but other nights when i am not training it happens regulary say every 10 minutes.anybody else got this and how can i stop it from happening

Chris :)

If you routinely practice joint locks and holds on your little brother/sister with or without their consent.....you might be a martial artist.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

mhcgmc

Edited by Ben Martin

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Both fish oil and flaxseed oil is good to help improve your joints. Also, just pay attention to getting thouroughly warmed up..as we get older, we need to spend more time warming up. ;)

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

My understanding (info from a friend, so semi-reliable) is that the clicking is the sound of dioxide bubbles of air in the joints popping.

In any case, I wouldn't worry about it until it starts hurting (like my back is at the moment)

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• 4 weeks later...

My ankles pop and my knees ache like "toothaches" all the time. I was told it isn't arthritis, but what the heck is it. The pain is beginning to effect my training.

A great martial artist is one who is humble and respectful of others.

• 3 weeks later...

9 times out of ten I am in agony with my knee joint. It seriously affects my training. Have had mri scan, x-ray etc etc. They say nothing is wrong and its a sports injury. Basically I either give up karate or suffer the pain!! The only way they will help is if I give up karate, if it still hurts then they MAY inject me with steroids. I will start looking like She-Ra at this rate!!

:kaioken:

Karate Ni Sentinashi

I have the same problem with clicking joints. Been to the doctor and he told me it was because I was growing. At 6"7 and nearly 23, I hope im not growing anymore.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.