• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

chest pain

man thing

Well I've got a question. I have got some pain in my left chest. I recently got real sick, threw up a lot, had a lot of internal pain; that was a few days ago. While I was sick my muscles were real sore all over; don't remember that ever happening before. Anyway, I'm young, eat healthy enough, exercise regularly- what's going on? Maybe its no big deal.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Man thing, you need to let your doctor decide that. Heart disease can hit anyone. Just because you have a low risk factor does not make you immune. Maybe it *is* no big deal... maybe not.

If you truly take care of yourself, then go see a doctor before you do anything else. You probably just had some little bug, but you really need to find out for sure. Please let us know how it goes.

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!

Vomiting, especially violently, is very rough on your body.

Probably a nerve problem or a strained muscle. Is it a sharp pain or a dull one? Is it constant or does it happen when you make certain movements or when you breathe? It could be an infection.

Either way, may as well go see a doctor.

Yep. You gotta go see a doctor right away. You owe it to yourself, and think of how angry you'll be with yourself if you needlessly cause yourself some permanent injury that impairs your training. So, please go see a doctor.

----

Hmm. Hello. This is the floor. How did I get here?

I appreciate the responses. Well, the pain lasted about a week. I didn't miss much of my training, just a little, and now I feel back to normal almost. Thank God. I would have went to a doctor, but I don't have any insurance. That might be something to look into.

I'd definitely look into getting insurance. Also, be realistic about lack of insurance keeping you from getting medical care! I'm glad it worked out for you, but wouldn't you rather spend $150 on a doctor's office call than $500 on an ER visit, or prehaps just ending up dead? Chest pain is a pretty serious symptom.

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!

• 2 weeks later...

man thing,

from working in healthcare, i can ASSURE you that the hospital (ER) is obligated to treat the community, whether insurance is available or not. They can not turn you down because you have no insurance (its illegal). I would suggest seeing the doc anyways, because if it was sharp chest pain and persistant, you may have had a heart attack. People can have heart attacks and still live or be alive, it all depends on the severity of the block of blood flow and the area affected its not always like TV. the heart attacks can be so severe though to cause your heart to stop. when that happens blood flow is lost to the heart itself, and causes permanent damage. you should be checked out for your chest pain, even if you dont have it (or not as severe) as it was.

Take care.

a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step

-unknown