• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who is your favourite famous Martial Artist?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine is bolo yeung because of his strengh and since me and him have around the same body type, made me not afraid to weightlift and do martial arts.

also been always a fan of the pai mei legend, though it is never known if he is actually a real person or not.

PEACE :karate: :kaioken:

I would agree with bruce lee his ideas where just so good and the thing that gives me hope was that he made himself that good through hard work

I agree to a certain point. His ideas where very good, however I had once read somewhere that Bruce didn't approve of kata/forms and thought it pointless(sorry if this is incorrect), I hope this doesn't send this thread off into a frenzy of philosphy and history arguments, however that was one thing I was disappointed to hear come from such a legend.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Menjo you are right about what Burce Lee said about forms, but I think he meant it in a way that relates to actual combat. Forms help you fix coordination and balance as well as giving you the chance to know how your chi flows.

I guess I'd pick Bruce lee, 3 others that are less famous include James Lew, Gary Daniels and Bryan Genesse.

Bruce Lee for his new ideas,

Bill Wallace for becoming a champion having physical limitation,

C. Myagi for the developement of Go-ju ryu karate do.

Not famous: all the great instructors I've had the privelage to work with and learn from, especially my current TKD instructor and my original Karate Sensei.

Famous in MA circles: Iain Abernethy.

"Hollywood" Famous: Jackie Chan.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!