• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Chuck Liddell's KO power

How DOES he do it?!

His technique looks so sloppy, so casual, but they just drop, without fail, when he hits 'em?

I think a big part is the angle that Chuck catches his opponents with. He manages to come in from the side which works the guy's jaw around, its hard to explain, I don't know...

What do you think?

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know exactly what you mean. I saw him in a match and it looked like he lightly put his arm out into the guys face and the guy stumbled back and almost passed out. I'm assuming I'm just missing something seen only by a trained eye in MMA.

As for how, I have no idea, I just assumed everyone else knew,and I'd look like a fool to ask.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

I know what you mean guys. The dude is amazing! It seems to me that from the knockout/knockdowns I've seen, his punches are more of a counter strike, definitely coming from unorthodox angles. Very REactive. What I think of when I see his lead hand just kinda hangout there, is a cobra strike. His opponent almost always gets caught coming in as he plants his feet and strikes.

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1

yes i agree. I saw one fight where it looked like her bearly taped the guy in the face, and he was out cold. But, i don't think he would be a good street fighter. Just my opinion, but UFC has absolutely nothing to contribute to street fighting. It is not a depiction of what a street brawl would be like.

Come to CHRIST who is the living foundation of rock upon which GOD builds!!:-)

^1st Peter 2:4^

.Just my opinion, but UFC has absolutely nothing to contribute to street fighting. It is not a depiction of what a street brawl would be like.

You might rethink that. It's not a perfect depiction, sure, but "nothing to contribute"?

it's called training. Nonstop training. Weights, heavy bag, cardio.

no secret here.

find the target, and land one.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

I'd like to see exactly how he trains, because his training methods obviously must perfect. Plus we'd be able to get a sense of what gives him the certain power over the other many hard-driven MMA.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

Chucks technique is not bad, and is not "apparently" bad either. Its quiet different, because he has become so good at what he does hes somewhat specialized. His hands aren't held as defensively, because his defense is truly a great offense. He'll take a jab to land one, because he hits harder. He'll risk taking one to land one, because his skills are so great that he'll land more than you anyway.

Also, lets just face it- some people will always be able to hit harder than others. He is a hard hitter to begin with, and has trained hard to become the hardest hitter he can be.