• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO arguing that he's a good coach..

He seems like a nice guy too which says a lot to me..I've met all too many "good coaches" that have produced great fighters that aren't great people. And yes, I've met Pat before...he really impressed me.

flowing like the chi energy inside your body b =rZa=

Matt Hughes is an arrogant man, but, yes, a great fighter.

Why would you call him arrogant?

I cant speak for UseoForce however, from what I saw of Ultimate fighter 2, he seemed to have quite the ego. I respect him alot, however I thought his arrogance was quite apparent from what I see of him. But thats probably what helps him stay confident in his strategy.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

He's still one of my favorites, and if I were the dominant force at 170lbs, I would pronably be a little arogant too.
Didn't happen to Chuck, Randy, Arlovski or Rich Franklin. Just because one is a good fighter does not mean one should have a poor attitude.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

Matt Hughes is an arrogant man, but, yes, a great fighter.

Why would you call him arrogant?

I cant speak for UseoForce however, from what I saw of Ultimate fighter 2, he seemed to have quite the ego. I respect him alot, however I thought his arrogance was quite apparent from what I see of him. But thats probably what helps him stay confident in his strategy.

He didnt have a poor attitude- he was pushing his fighters to make them as best as they can be. Hes a 4 time collegiate champion beyond the fact thats hes probably the most dominant champion in the history of MMA- Matt Hughes knows what it takes to be a champion and know how to push people.

Hughes kinda reminded me of my own coach- there are times that you need to light a fire under someone, and hes not going to pat anyone on the back.

One of my friends in Ohio, who's quite good in BJJ, trained with him and said that hes exceptionally respectfull and one of the nicest guys you want to meet. Theres a difference when someone's trying to be your friend and when someone's trying to be your coach.