MiccyNarc

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to see quite a few others have trained in it, I actually hadn't heard of it until I started training back in late August.

What do you think of it so far?

It's my first martial art, and thus far I absolutely love it.

Sparring is every Thursday night and it's the highlight of my week :D

The Katas are great, but I'm only just starting on Gekesai (sp?).

It is an excellent style for in-close fighting, and I find it an excellent compliment to my ju-jitsu. In fact, my Goju is actually taught with Daito Ryu Aki-jitsu. And it is excellent for promoting a strong body. Sanchin training everyday will turn you into a piece of rock. The more you study, the more applications will reveal themselves from the katas. It is an excellent traditional style and is good for personal growth and the development of character. I love the give and take of it all, the marriage of the hard and the soft. It has become a part of me. It is tsune. It is always with me in everything that I do. I enjoy ju-jitsu, I enjoy aikido.... but Goju.... well, that is in every breath that I draw.

Best wishes in your training. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a grading in 4 hours so it's kata time for me. :karate: :D

Osu.

If you're reaching for the stars, don't be satisfied with touching the ceiling.

It is an excellent style for in-close fighting, and I find it an excellent compliment to my ju-jitsu. In fact, my Goju is actually taught with Daito Ryu Aki-jitsu. And it is excellent for promoting a strong body. Sanchin training everyday will turn you into a piece of rock. The more you study, the more applications will reveal themselves from the katas. It is an excellent traditional style and is good for personal growth and the development of character. I love the give and take of it all, the marriage of the hard and the soft. It has become a part of me. It is tsune. It is always with me in everything that I do. I enjoy ju-jitsu, I enjoy aikido.... but Goju.... well, that is in every breath that I draw.

Best wishes in your training. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a grading in 4 hours so it's kata time for me. :karate: :D

Osu.

Good luck sir!

• 5 months later...

I've been studying a form of GoJu for quite sometime and think it's great. We do alot of stand-up and ground training (Jiu-Jitsu of course). I really enjoy it, because it is so practical. It is an excellent self-defense art and blends well with other forms.

I'm studing GoJu since april 2004 and I'm very happy with it. I think is the MA that suits me more.

I've also studied kickboxing, Tai chi chuan (yang) and JKD but GoJu karate is the one that I found better for my body, my age group and my expectations.