• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I want 2 get into grappling martial arts..Jiu-Jitsu or Judo?

Hi I'm new here, I also want to get back into shape and all of the above (and stop playing video games all the time), anyways I am really interested in taking a grappling martial arts class. What should I do/study Jiu-Jitsu or Judo? I have none of those classes in my boring town, so I will get my license so I can go up to the city and take up one.

It's cool to be Kool

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Judo: http://judoinfo.com/techjudo.htm

Jiu-jitsu: if you want jiu-jitsu BJJ has more ground work than JJJ, but that doesn't mean that BJJ is better. for me JJJ is better.

If i were you I would go n cheak the Dojo it self. because maybe the Judo dojang is better than jiu-jitsu dojnag near your area. Or the other way around.

HaKUnA MaTaTA

If you can give us a rough idea of who is in your town and what schools you have an opportunity to train at, it would be helpfull.

For example, people will say that BJJ has better groundwork than Judo, but thats comparing best case scenario (i.e. black belt instructor vs black belt instructor). Natrually, opinions will change according to situations- a better instructor may dictate a more suitable choice for a style.

Hey :) I'd say that Judo is the better workout. BJJ is more technical. JJJ is kind of in-between. But, for real, I agree with SubGrappler, the workout and quality depends on the instructor and the group of other students.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

Typically I'd say BJJ is the most rounded, most effective art, but if you get a crappy instructor that all goes out the window. The nice thing about the art, though, is that you'll learn some from judo, some from wrestling, and the bjj ground stuff... basically, a good school is a complete package when it comes to submission grappling.

I agree that depends on the dojo and the instructor... however being the dojos at the same level I would prefer JJ (any kind of JJ) because I think is a more complete MA.