• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Remembering Techniques!

Hi, even though I have been involved in Martial Arts for a good few years I have only been traiing Jujitsu for twelve months.

Whilst I trained Shotokan and other arts I found it easy to train alone, however since starting Jujitsu I found it that little bit harder without a partner.

Recently I have found that I imagine watching myself executing the move in my head and then close my eyes and pracise my movement in an attempt to get it into muscle memory.

How do you practice alone? Have you any other ideas.

:karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I get help. It would seem to be difficult to practice this art alone. I'd talk with my instructor to see what he/she would suggest. Good luck

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Thanks im going to try to get together with other club members weekly to practice what we do in class, the problem is getting everybody off together!!!!!!!

One of the beauties of Shotokan is that it can be practised alone.

Unfortunately, this is not the case for all arts. While you can do some things, you are very limited. Find someone to practise with.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

The kata of shotokan (and other styles), and the single man drills can be done alone, but the applied kumite or bunkai obivously cannot.

Just as the hands on application of jujutsu cannot be either.

Jujutsu is designed to be a partner style.

The Martial Arts for that matter deal instrinsically with opposing and complimentary forces.

I would suggest finding a partner, or advertising somewhere that you are looking for one.

good luck!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Recently I have found that I imagine watching myself executing the move in my head and then close my eyes and pracise my movement in an attempt to get it into muscle memory.

:karate:

Visualizing techniques in my head over and over has helped me a lot. I often do this when I am unable to physically practice such as when I'm at work, however I don't let my boss know that my mind is somewhere else. :D

What works works

Visualizing techniques in my head over and over has helped me a lot. I often do this when I am unable to physically practice such as when I'm at work, however I don't let my boss know that my mind is somewhere else. :D

I actually do that when I have trouble sleeping... It's much better than counting sheep... Especially since I'm allergic to wool. :P

If he practices 3 times, I must practice 6 times -- Osensei Nagamine