• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ouch------what Happened?

Jeet Kune Do

ok I put a wooden board up and I smacked it lots of times and just gnored the pain and now my Middle knuckle has gone a bit soft and you can press it in a little bit, what did I do wrong? and will my knuckle heal quick?

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

You've either dislocated the knuckle or broken one of the metacarpals (Long bones across the back of the hand).

Go to an urgent care and get an x-ray.

Oh, and take a camera so you can get a picture of the nurse/doc when you tell them how it happened. :D

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

does it seem shifted upwards? you could have ruptured your bursa, which i did a while back, takes over a year to heal. like Aodhan said... see a doctor.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"

What happened is, you didn't stop hitting the board when you should have! :D We should always use common sense when trying to condition our bodies.

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock, and my keen and firm Strength, Who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight." Psalm 144:1

ok, next time I will think before I do something like that,I can still do Knuckle push-ups without problems, its just The Knuckle has like a SMALL soft bit in the middle, but round the outside its ok

A drop of sweat spent in practice is a drop of blood saved in a battle.

A person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

ok I put a wooden board up and I smacked it lots of times and just gnored the pain and now my Middle knuckle has gone a bit soft and you can press it in a little bit, what did I do wrong? and will my knuckle heal quick?

I think I found your problem. Was there any give to the board (ie was it a proper makiwara, or just a board nailed to a wall)? You should NOT be hitting anything that has no give to it.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

As said, what you did wrong was hit something beyond the point of conditioning.

As a general rule for conditioning -

If it's comfortable, you're not getting any benefit

If it's painful, you're doing more harm than good

(do not consfuse painful with uncomfortable)

Have it X Rayed and then next time, use a punch bag.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

The solution is to grab the board and repeatedly bang it over your skull until your skull has gone a bit soft and you can press it in a little. :roll:

I.e., just because your hand is so far away from your brain doesn't make it any less a part of you. Treat it, and yourself, with love and respect.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro