• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Emotional bodies vs. physical bodies

CQC

I know that emotions and emotional energies can affect us in our physical bodies, but how can our physical bodies affect us emotionally? Usually the cause of our physical "illnesses" are caused by some form of emotional energy, but is that always the case?

I've altered my workout and I actually seem quite a bit happier due to that.

Does physical fitness help us (positive energy) emotionally as well?

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I agree that a physical illness can affect our state of mind, which in turn can affect our emotions.

The flip-side of this being that a greater degree of physical well-being will contribute towards better mental health.

I also agree that our emotional state can affect our physicsl well-being.

The two are one.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Awesome, thanks a lot guys. It's good to know that physical excellence and spiritual enlightenment go hand in hand.

"Beware the fury of a patient man."

- John Dryden

The mind and body are two different things, but they are interlated and interdependant.

As mentioned, we all know of cases where the mind can affect the body, but the body often affects the mind too. For instance, in the case you mentioned, the body releases endorphines. This is a chemical that has the effect of making us feel happy as well as other things. Probably a more specific example would be pain compliance techniques... eg. Locks. By inducing pain into the body, some parts of the mind will actually shut down momentarily. The body goes into preservation mode and only looks at realeiving pain. This is what allows us to put a lock on someone that has a free arm and still not worry about them hitting us.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

• 2 weeks later...