• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Practicing Judo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

well depends on how advanced he is niel...if hes still a beginner I don't think he should be doing rolls and stuff solo. But does'nt judo have atemi waza (striking) you can always do that without a partner.

BTW Niel congratulations on the promotion to Sempai!

Long Live the Fighters!

Well, the rolls are practiced everyday and are one of the first things we learned how to do so I think he'd probably be ok. But as with any home practice you need to be careful. Atemi waza usually aren't learned until much later on but if Cuong Nhu Fury knows them it would certainly be an option.

Thanks tufrthanu, it's kinda neat so far.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'm very comfortable with rolling and falling, it's something I learned how to do a long time ago, and so I practice it regularly on a daily basis.

I like JWLuiza idea for practicing hip throw, that was just the sort of advice I was looking for. Much thanks.

Cuong Nhu,

You are very welcome. Using that as a template, you can probably figure out a few other throws to practice. Explosive lifting techniques (squats) can help high amplitude throws as well.

Many of the Judoka I know will practice their entries against a wall. Its not too impractical considering the upright posture you're supposed to have anyways.

If you want to add a little more, use a doorway so that you can say, add a reap with your entries (say osoto gari)

Take a belt, wrapt it around a sturdy tree and practice your hip throw against an immovable object. Seriously!

i do this!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!