• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sitting BPM

Jack

Hi, I was just wondering out of the sake of curiosity what everybody's current Sitting Heart rates are, and also if they've kept a record what it has been in the past?

This is mine:

22/10/01 Heart Rate (Sitting, before deep breathing): 69BPM

22/3/02 Heart Rate (Sitting, before deep breathing): 60BPM

5/4/02 Heart Rate (Sitting, before deep breathing): 58BPM

I'm aiming to get down to 50BPM by the end of this year. How about you guys?

Sitting down, make sure your heart is settled and at an even pace, but no deep breathing beforehand to slow it down, okay? :wink:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jack i done this in my biology class.Everyone had to count how mant times there heart beated when resting gor 60 seconds,and then counted how many times we breathe in and out in 60 seconds,and then see how long we could hold our breath for.We then ran outside for about 1 minute,and repeated the tests.I cant remember what my results are but ill look in my biology book when i get the chance. :up:

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!

I usually run between 60-68 bpm sitting still. When I work on aerobic equipment I go up to like 160+. Much of the time I have to back off while I am still breathing well because my heart rate is going to high. I am over forty after all. And I have noticed if I work closer to my max for longer it takes an extra recovery day. If I work at about 80% of my max I can train more consistently.

Actually I have fairly low blood pressure readings for my age group. Wonder if there is a connection?

I did it twice, I got 66 and 63..

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

• 1 month later...

Bud, basically its a sign of cardiovascular fitness, although it can be varied by other things not just fitness.

To lower it, requires cardio. I suggest you make a search in these forums (use the Search feature at top right) and look into different forms of cardio exercise. Good luck! :smile:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

It CAN be a sign of health and fitness but can occasionally be a sign of a rhythmic problem with the heart - a form of bradycardia (just translates as "slow heartbeat") often caused by inappropriate electical activity in the heart muscle.

E.g when Dubya Shrub recently realised he can't do two things at once - eat pretzels and watch telly at the same time - and choked and fainted it was thought to be due to his slow heartbeat. He says it's because he runs 3 miles each day, but he is thought to have bradycardia, which can often lead to fainting (syncope). His dad had it too. Bradycardia is not always due to athletic conditioning!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~