• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Schools in Maryland

Hello! Sorry for having you all see ANOTHER post from someone looking for a school. Any recommendations for a good TKD school that offers more traditional training than Olympic-style training? I'm looking for a school that offers more than just sparring. I'm looking for traditional weapons, forms, spiritual stuff as well. Child and Adult friendly... Any good schools in the northeast are of MD?? Belair, Aberdeen, etc.? Perhaps within a 20 mile radius... If it's a good school, driving further is no problem even if I have to go into PA -- away from rush hour traffic would be great! Any help is very, very much appreciated!!! :) Thanks!!!! -Tkdchick

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sorry I can't help with TKD. Here are some locations of Kuk Sool Won schools:

Bowie

Landover

Ft. Meade

We are a Korean art as well, and study all of what you described.

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Check out the Parks and Recreation Programs in your area (I recall someone mentioning a school there in Belair on the boards but I may be wrong). There's a Master Choi in Belcamp. He's really good with children and adults. Go and watch a class or two and speak to him. I watched his classes when I was passing by and he's pretty cool! His site is: https://www.elitetoma.com. I think KoreanTiger30's instructor knows him. Good luck!

Hello! Sorry for having you all see ANOTHER post from someone looking for a school. Any recommendations for a good TKD school that offers more traditional training than Olympic-style training? I'm looking for a school that offers more than just sparring. I'm looking for traditional weapons, forms, spiritual stuff as well. Child and Adult friendly... Any good schools in the northeast are of MD?? Belair, Aberdeen, etc.? Perhaps within a 20 mile radius... If it's a good school, driving further is no problem even if I have to go into PA -- away from rush hour traffic would be great! Any help is very, very much appreciated!!! :) Thanks!!!! -Tkdchick

CECIL KARATE & ATA BBA

1752A APPLETON RD.

ELKTON, MD

EDGEWOOD BLACK BELT ACADEMY

2216D HANSON RD., EDGEWOOD PLAZA

EDGEWOOD, MD

ELKTON TAEKWONDO

8 COMMERCIAL PLAZA

ELKTON, MD

All of these look to be near the Northeastern part of the state.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Thank you all for your help in my family's school search. I will definitely look into them. It's tough trying to find a place to train! :bawling: . Thanks Doug for the Kuk Sool Won information. I'm seriously thinking about exploring this option as well. Chi-Sai, Aodhan, and Scott thank you too for your info. There are a lot of schools out there! This will give me a start. Thank you again!

I can't help much with the TKD, but there is a Saishu Ryu dojo on Fort Meade. This is where I train at. Saishu Ryu is very reality based and highly effective, so if you are even in the mood to try something a little different you should come by. Also our instructor (Sensei Boyd White) was trained by the system's founder.

John

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...