• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I know my body will tell me when to stop but I need an idea.

Ryokeen

Ah, ok. (Although the references are a bit skimpy, the issue gets one sentence in each study.)

The references you give do say that properly supervised weight training hasn't been shown to have any impact, but they don't address overdevelopment. My readings were on the OVERdevelopment of young musculature, such as you get in elite gymnasts. If I can find a copy of my thesis, I'll post the studies that read.

I agree properly supervised, it shouldn't pose a problem, it's the overdeveloped musculature that can cause problems.

Thanks for the links!

Aodhan

I agree that they aren't the best links in the world on the subject. I'll try to find some more.

I am interested to read the information you found for your thesis, however, as I had not previously heard of the problems associated with overdeveloped musculature.

So it seems like the original poster's growth should not be hindered if he lifts with a moderate routine and diet under proper supervision, but that he should probably avoid anabolic steriods and more intense bodybuilding bulking diets.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ah, ok. (Although the references are a bit skimpy, the issue gets one sentence in each study.)

The references you give do say that properly supervised weight training hasn't been shown to have any impact, but they don't address overdevelopment. My readings were on the OVERdevelopment of young musculature, such as you get in elite gymnasts. If I can find a copy of my thesis, I'll post the studies that read.

I agree properly supervised, it shouldn't pose a problem, it's the overdeveloped musculature that can cause problems.

Thanks for the links!

Aodhan

I agree that they aren't the best links in the world on the subject. I'll try to find some more.

I am interested to read the information you found for your thesis, however, as I had not previously heard of the problems associated with overdeveloped musculature.

So it seems like the original poster's growth should not be hindered if he lifts with a moderate routine and diet under proper supervision, but that he should probably avoid anabolic steriods and more intense bodybuilding bulking diets.

Yeah, I'd pretty much agree with that. Unfortunately, all my school stuff is packed in boxes at my parent's house in Colorado. I probably won't be up there for at least 6 months. :(

The information may have changed or been revised since. I did my thesis work in 1989 :D

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Thank you all for the tips and suggestions. This will be very useful.

I'll keep you all updated in my profile. Thanks for your time and information.

-Aaron

Needing to focus...