• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Weight progress

Aodhan

Hey all-

While I was nowhere near fat, I hit the scales at 5'11", 202 lbs last Christmas. I decided that I wanted to get my weight down for competitions again, so I changed my diet and added a little cardio to my normal MA hours.

It's been about a year, and I am down to between 177 and 182 lbs (Depending on when I weigh), and I recently got fat pinched at 14% BF. :D

Since I do better with public goals and statements, I'm aiming to get down to 10% BF by our spring nationals in March, and hopefully still be right around 180.

Gonna be hard with Christmas, New Years, and my wedding/honeymoon, but we'll see how it goes!

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Awesome decision. I too have changed my lifestyle as well.

Last November, I weighed 257lbs, and today, I'm 187. 70lbs lost. I went from 36+ bodyfat to 16%.

I just had my wedding, and the holidays are tough.

A little advice, enjoy the holidays. Achieving that low of a body fat is going to be tough. Believe me. I'm on a very strict diet, and workout plan. But, I always enjoy holidays, birthdays and vacations. I'm off my diet then. It's good for your body. It almost throws it out of wack, then once you get back onto it, you'll be kicking butt again.

Keep me up to date how things go.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

See my signature.

Ahh, good luck with that. I need to put on about 15 lbs of muscle. That won't be to easy either. I've got to really change everything around. it's harder than i thought it would be.

Good luck with everything,

Keep us up to date.

-Aaron

Needing to focus...

Congratulations to all who just got married and courage to those about to take the leap! :D Good luck on your weight/health goals!

I eat pretty much as much as I want anytime of the day and am anywhere from 7-11% bf. The 7% was measured by caliper, the 11% by those electronic scales that pass a current through your body. Could be genetic, or a very big tapeworm. I think it might be the beverages: I mostly drink water, no juice, soda, nothing processed. I do enjoy the occasional beer or wine, and of course coffee and tea, but water is my drink of choice.