• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all good info. I often wondered why he wasn't seen much after Enter the Dragon. Maybe he'll bring one of his schools to my hometown!

Back in those days, Steve Anderson (Fastest Hands in Kempo) had just formed the BKF, now it is one of the larger groups in CA. and it is expanding.

Sifu White

34 years in the Martial Arts, Certified Police Trainer. Member of the Professional Karate Commission, IAOMAS, Fist Law Society, Director of the Molum Combat Arts Association and the MLCAA Honor Society

What a great guy. I really liked him in enter the dragon, a good fighter and he was quite funny and witty as well if i remember right.

I never really knew much else about him till i read this post, very interesting facts.

Walk away and your always a winner. https://www.shikata-shotokan.co.uk

For some reason, he has kept a low profile on the movie screen. for the past 15 years. I know that he did do several movies after Enter the Dragon.

Sigung White

34 years in the Martial Arts, Certified Police Trainer. Member of the Professional Karate Commission, IAOMAS, Fist Law Society, Director of the Molum Combat Arts Association and the MLCAA Honor Society

that is probably true, but I kinda liked the one Take a Hard Ride, with Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, and Jim Kelley. It was a different kind of Western, but it was good for the time frame I guess.

Sifu White

Jim Kelly is also a prominent member of the Black Karate Federation as well, Directed by Hanshi Steve Anderson Kempo's Fastest Hands, as recorded by BB Mag.

Sigung White

Greetings all, let me shed some light on JK.

In the Enter The Dragon movie JK was in the school owned by one of the BKF {"Black Karate Federation" } founders Steve Sanders now known as Steve Muhammed who Bruce Lee said had the fastest hands he'd ever seen.

Him & Jim Kelly did not like each other because they had opened competing schools on Crenshaw Blvd, I am not sure who was there first but it caused a conflict.

I believe that JK's style was Goju Ryu but not sure of this but it was not Kenpo yet alone BKF Kenpo.

Bruce knew both parties from the Ed Parker Tourney in Long Beach & wanted them both in his movie.

Mr. Muhammed played a cameo as Mr. Kellys teacher & that's it.

They did not get along at all. My friend Earle Poole owns that school now & they're now teaching MMA, Akido, & JJJ along with their style of Kenpo.

I hope that answers a few questions.