• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gaining, muscle not fat. I need assistance.

Ryokeen

Bassically what I want to do is go from 120.4 lbs to 135 lbs. I don't want to bulk up to much and I want to focus on density and speed. I already do pushups, and other density building exercises. I try to make every punch faster than the next and every kick faster than the last. My left arm and core need the most work. I can't seem to get my left arm to gain any segnificant muscle. Just recently it's started to show a slight change. I probably just need an increase in reps on that arm or perhaps in increase in the amount done.

Oh and remember, there's more to the holidays then simply buying presents... So many people forget the true reason of the holidays and it's quite sadening.

Anyways,

Thanks in advanced!

Aaron Grosch

Needing to focus...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A big misconception of martial art practitioners is that if you bulk up too much, you won't have speed. This is not true, but a myth. Bulk up, you'll be fine.

Eat 6-7 clean meals a day. Clean meals means not dirty like Mcdonalds and crap. You need a clean source of carbs, protein and fat in your diet. Drink plenty of water, and make sure you rest. Work each large muscle group once a week. Your small fast muscle twitch groups can get more work than others (Calves, abs, arms) however... this doesn't mean work them every day or every other day. Maintain consistance and intensity. Do not scarifice weight for form. Learn to let your ego go, take some of the weight off and complete the exercise correctly. Your body, and muscle groups will thank you.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Makes a lot of sense. I know you can have bulk and speed, I just really would like to stay smaller if at all possible. I do look to compete often and I know some tournements will divide by Novice, intermediate, and expert; however, not only will they divide it like that but also by wieght class in some instances. being newer I'd like to stick with the lower weight. I use to think that bulk = slow. Then I met my friend, and he's 190lbs at 15, and boy did he ever surprise me.

Now to figure out a plan, I 've done this a couple times... but the thing that bothers me is the whole school thing. I don't want to cram my meals together as the afternoon turns to evening.

Also one more question,

It pertains to Whey Protien. Should I use that to aid me with the protien part of my diet, but only as a secondary source before a serious work out or should I cut it out entirely and focus on my clean chicken, steak and fish?

I've got a lot to learn, but I better start learning now if I want to try to make a career out of the arts. I have a strong disire to teach kids in a way that will change thier lifes in many aspects. I know it has mine and if I could make that difference in just a handful of kids lifes I can die knowing I did my part in bettering those kids lives and that will be amazing.

Thanks again,

Aaron.

Needing to focus...

Awesome!

First things first. Don't worry about craming all your meals in the evening. You need to eat every 3 hours. So, every 3 hours, you need a good source of Protein, carbs, and fat. This is a 40/40/20 split diet. Here is what I eat for example. Now, I'm on a cutting diet (trying to lose fat) however, I still lift heavy with intent to gain mass, and it's working too. My lean mass has gone up, and my body fat has gone down. I can tell you, you will need to get a bodyfat caliper. You want to make sure that you're gaining mass, not fat. A pound a week is a good way to go about gaining.

Here is my meal plan.

Breakfast 6:00am

1 scoop of Whey w/water

1 slice of wheat toast

Supplements (fishoil, multi-vitamin, glucosame)

Morning Snack 9:00am

1/2 Cup Oatmeal, 1/2 GoLean

Lunch 12:00

Chicken 8oz (not both, steak or Chicken)

Steak 6oz

Veggies 1 cup

Brown Rice 1/2 cup

Supplements (Fishoil, glucosamine)

Mid day Snack (Pre-workout) 3:00pm

1 can of tuna (on lifting days)

1/2 cup of oatmeal

1/2 cup of strawberries

4:00 (Creatine)

Workout (5:15-6:30)

Post-WO Whey w/water, half cup of oatmeal, and 1 banana (blended)

Dinner 8:00

Chicken 8oz

Steak 6oz (one of these, not both)

Veggies 1 cup

Supplements (fishoil, glucosamine)

Bed (10:00) Whey w/ milk

I have Salmon from time to time. My wife complains about the smell

This all adds up to

calories between 2200-2300

28 fat

225 carbs

210 protein

Now, you don't have to follow my diet, there are tons of stuff you can eat. You would need to eat more than me, being that you're smaller, your body style is different. You need to be eating somewhere around 3000 calories a day, probably even more if your metabolism is really fast.

Now, about the whey protein intake. Don't keep that as your only source. Reason being is that other sources of protein like chicken, fish, red meat all have much more nutrients that the body needs.

You want to drink a protein shake at the very latest 45 minutes after your workout. Drink it with water (get into the muscles fast via water, instead of milk), and a high glucose intake carb (bananas are good) maybe even some oats. You want to replenish your carbs after a workout.

Good luck man, and keep me up to date with your progress.

Start taking a weight Gainer powder in addition to your meals, and lift heavy and rest and sleep... and you will grow! as long as you stretch and train in Martial arts you should only get stronger and faster as you get bigger..

Thanks a lot Orion. Thanks for the suggestions. Should I just increase my intake of everything slightly? Such as 10/12 oz of steak/chicken more vegitables and fruits?

Also about the suppliments all I take as far as an aid would be the whey protien. Should I start taking maybe one or two others... I'd ratehr nto be hopped up on supplements, I'm kind fo skeptical of them kind of? I don't know just don't want to be on to many.. I know they're all natural. Oh well if it'll help I'll give it a shot.

Thanks again Orion,

I'll keep you up to date.

Aaron

Needing to focus...

I would'nt worry about using alot of supplements just stick to a good multi vitamin maybe some extra Vit C and a good high Calorie whey weight gainer in addition to your meals..I always see young teens starting out in my gym blowing there money on 3-4 different supplements when all they need is basics and lots of high protein foods e.t.c.. combined with heavy weight training and lots of rest.good luck

Okay sounds good!

I'll expiriment and get back to you guys. I'll probably start the new diet with the new routine if not this Monday, next. I have to stock up on meats. And ofcourse cook them. :P No worries, I know how to cook, but if I don't post back in a week... Well let's just hope I don't burn my home down. :brow:

Well thanks for everything guys. I'll keep you updated on my progress!

-Aaron

Needing to focus...

I would'nt worry about using alot of supplements just stick to a good multi vitamin maybe some extra Vit C and a good high Calorie whey weight gainer in addition to your meals..I always see young teens starting out in my gym blowing there money on 3-4 different supplements when all they need is basics and lots of high protein foods e.t.c.. combined with heavy weight training and lots of rest.good luck

Exactly. Don't worry about all the crap. A multi-vitamin, Vitamin C, and fish oil are really all you need. I take Glucosamine for my joints. I tend to have a poping shoulder here or there, and my left knee cracks and gives grief when I do heavy squats.

Also... one big thing. Do NOT neglect your legs. Many people say "I work my legs when I do cardio" This is non-sence. I hit my legs hard, then do cardio the very next day. My legs are always sore for atleast 3 days.

Yes, you can up your food intake, just make sure it's clean. Perhaps another chicken breast, and extra veggies. Lots of veggies!

Good luck bro!

Thanks a lot,

Turns out we have plenty of Chicken? Working on it we have 2-3 pakages.

Roast beef, would that be clean? I'm assuming it is. Just curious though...

Again,

Thanks you guys are very helpful.

Aaron

Needing to focus...