• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

boots or shoes?

If you had to get steel toe boots or shoes which would you get? And why? Im asking cause i thought about getting some in case i ever needed to defend myself. I know there is alot more effectiove options, but i just realized if i ever wanted any kind of kick to affect some one, it was time to trade in my regular tennis shoes for something a little harder.

Im thinking steel toe shoes. Cause wouldn't boots look wierd with shorts?

Some steel capped boots are surprisingly light. I wear them all the time! But I dont rely on high or middle section kicks, I kick groins and shins with the steel caps...very effective. As fore the weight, after you wear them for a while you legs get used to them and speed isnt a issue!

I hope that helps!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kicking someone with steel toed boots can be considered assault with a deadly weapon. So be sure you are justified and it would be a good idea to have a reason to be wearing them besides kicking people.

A computer beat me in a game of chess once but it was no match for me in a kickboxing match

Kicking someone with steel toed boots can be considered assault with a deadly weapon. So be sure you are justified and it would be a good idea to have a reason to be wearing them besides kicking people.

Kicking someone with no shoes IS assault....you must always have justification before striking anyone!

No matter how fashionable it is in Krypton, I will not wear my underwear on the outside of my Gi!!

A dangerous weapon can be considered anything from a gun, a knife, a moving car or other vehicle, down to a baby bottle, or even a shod foot!

Kicking someone while wearing shoes increases the charges if you are arrested.

You can sometimes get the charges lowered to assault, but steel toed shoes? I don't know....

Google and read for yourself.....

A dangerous weapon can be considered anything from a gun, a knife, a moving car or other vehicle, down to a baby bottle, or even a shod foot!

Kicking someone while wearing shoes increases the charges if you are arrested.

You can sometimes get the charges lowered to assault, but steel toed shoes? I don't know....

Google and read for yourself.....

The laws of one country are not the same as the laws of another.....however I would at this point like to state that if I struck anyone, it would be in self defense......so the law would be on my side, I will break his shin first, then worry about legalities!

Learn to kick and you will be able lay someone out with bare feet. Once you can kick properly, steel toe boots will just be overkill. But then theres nothing wrong with that.

Me? Comfterble shoes which allow me to move, kick, and run.

I'd just get comfortable shoes with boot soles. But on the closing thing - if he attacks you, you don't need to worry about "closing the gap". He'll close it for you.

"Anything worth doing is worth doing badly." - Baleia

• 3 weeks later...

I say just wear what you usually do and train in those. If you have a construction job, or like boots wear boots. I personally like these dress shoes I have. Very comfortable, as light as some of the lightest running shoes, AND has that slight boot heel. ooh-ooh, they also have a nice stiff instep and sole. Also, if you get the slightest feeling that you may get into a fight, i.e. he confronts you in a secluded area, beat him to the punch (or kick, or knee, or elbow, or...). Intimidation and aggressiveness (sp.?) win many fights.

Inspector: Well, you have two options, either you come in peace, and prepare to be dissected. Or, if you come to take over our planet, we surrender.

Zoidberg: A win win scenario! Who cares! I'm meeting new people!

No, i disagree that fighting is necissarily a failure. In some situations it is what you have to do to protect yourself, or your family and you are correct to prepare for it.

I just think you are going about it in the wrong way. Whilst steel toed shoes might hurt your opponent a bit more in a fight, you have much better options. My advice is that in the time you would spend going shoe shoppin you work on your kicking tecnique(sp?).

Add a tiny bit more power, speed or both. Work on your endurance. These are all things that will help you more in a fight then any shoe wear, with the added bonus of not being impractical.

Just my two cents.