• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

strength without weight gain

Meguro

mjgfvk.j

Edited by Ben Martin

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jgv.kjb

Edited by Ben Martin

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

Oh man, you can't drop a name and then expect me to open my wallet to find out more?! :brow: Seriously, I checked out the site you recommended, and I was immediately turned off. Not because the routine promises the moon, but because it promises to pack on pounds of muscle. How many pounds of muscle you pack on, I don't know, but my whole point of this thread was increased strength without the bulk or adding significant poundage.

I read a lot of the articles in dragondoor and I'm drawn to the workouts aimed at sprinters(deadlifts) and gymnasts(static holds). What really interesting about gymnasts is that they possess amazing power to weight ratios (135 lbs. gymnasts doing 400 lbs deadlifts). A lot of what gymnasts do, so I've read, are static type exercises. The advantage of these exercises is that they build tremendous strength without muscle hypertrophy.

Now. I'm neither a sprinter nor a gymnast so I can't personally vouch for the efficacy of these workouts. I can say that when my kid was a baby I'd carry her around in one arm (static curl) or the other 5-10 minutes at a time (call it a set). I didn't think about it at the time but when I went for a workout with a buddy of mine, after not working out in a gym for years, I was doing sets of 80 lbs curls. Maybe not a big number but it's more than half my body weight. Now my kids are big enough to walk around on their own and I can't curl nearly as much. :(

kuthcf ;uh

Edited by Ben Martin

Glad the program is working for you. I just started doing deadlifts. Won't know for a while how it goes. At this stage I'm more worried about injury from bad technique.

when you get the book you also get these other programs with it. you get the knock out in 3 secs which is you do ma you dont need it just tells you how to punch and a few good ways to disctract the person before you do (and it says you need to practice it alot lol ) theres also an ab work out routine book a muscle building work out regime and a strength building routine and a fat loss one. ive only done the strength and fat loss which both gave me great results.

you mean like,"hey what's that behind you?", then sucker punch. :)

kuhjgv

Edited by Ben Martin