G95champ

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as everyone here understands that the point of this is not to brag that one person has a higher rank than anyone else, there is nothing wrong with this question. I feel that ranks are a personal thing outside the dojo, and sharing them is fine as long as you have appropriate humility and realize that no matter what rank you have, there is always more to learn...especially from juniors.

Daniel

Shodan with Shotokan Karate of America

ive been doing combined martial arts for four years: it consists of:

karate (mainly kyokushin)

boxing

kung fu

brazilian jiu jitsu (gracie)

and tae kwon do

im blue belt in it...though i havent graded in kyosushin, bjj alike. :karate:

boo!

On 2002-04-09 00:21, redbutt wrote:

As long as everyone here understands that the point of this is not to brag that one person has a higher rank than anyone else, there is nothing wrong with this question. I feel that ranks are a personal thing outside the dojo, and sharing them is fine as long as you have appropriate humility and realize that no matter what rank you have, there is always more to learn...especially from juniors

concur

I'm a first gup in TSD, but we have 2 belts to go before black belt. Long hard process haha. I think I'm gonna be taking kempo as my college gym class next year. I'm 18

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".

Michael Downs

14 :nod:

7 kyu blue :nod:

Okinawan Shorin-Ryu :nod:

1 1/2 years :nod:

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.