• advertisement_alt

Wow thats FAST...

Bleeding Lion

Is the video real or edited?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Is the video real or edited?

• It is Real
    • It is Edited

Well I guess that's the reason he's a Red (Master) belt. I have seen some of the guys in Okinawa move like that, I think this is real.

Tomo

Tomo Kagawa

--------------------------------------

https://www.saishuryu.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's not too unrealistic, maybe (like Killer Miller stated) technical problems may have created a 20% increase of the speed but I don't think is too far from reality.

Listen guys... that video was most deffanitly edited. I am a computer programmer so you can believe me when I say that it can easily be done.

Im not saying that people cant get close to that fast...

Im just saying that that video was edited.

"I am your judge, Executioner, jury, Executioner, lawyer, prosecutor, and if necessary... your Executioner"

Looking at the timecode you can clearly see that this is sped up. This could have been on purpose or accidental (perhaps during the conversion between formats).

Plus many of his movements seem unnatural at that speed.

I have seen people move that fast, but it does not look like that. Plus time out the timecode. It is simply being played back slightly faster than it was recorded.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

Its very possible its real! I have seen on numerous occasions over my 23 years in Karate people move that fast and with good tecnique! one of them being the late 'Masuru Shintani' (9th Dan Wado Kai'' the man was like lighting and the scary thing he had control at all times, he would do throws and finishes on students demonstrating at full speed and the student would say after I cant beleive it! and none of the students ever got hurt.. amazing to watch!

Fact: It is 18% faster.

Fact: Video quality is poor.

Fact: There are a couple of glitches in the video.

Fact: The speed of the Kata is a realistic speed.

Considering the facts, this video is not a big deal. The speed is realistic wether it was sped up, a faulty video, etc. I personally can perform a kata with that speed with no problem, and I don't feel that issue is a big deal.

I feel it was just a bad video of an honest attempt to demonstrate the kata. No foul play, no intentional deceit, just a bad video...

- Killer -

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/

Its very possible its real! I have seen on numerous occasions over my 23 years in Karate people move that fast and with good tecnique! one of them being the late 'Masuru Shintani' (9th Dan Wado Kai'' the man was like lighting and the scary thing he had control at all times, he would do throws and finishes on students demonstrating at full speed and the student would say after I cant beleive it! and none of the students ever got hurt.. amazing to watch!

Nobody is saying that speed is impossible. Everyone is saying that the video is obviously sped up as evidenced empirically by the timecode burn, which progresses through time faster than true seconds. Time it out with a stopwatch to see for yourself. Also, his movements seem unnatural. Not inhumanly fast, just faster than this guy performed the kata.

22 years old

Shootwrestling

Formerly Wado-Kai Karate

its real. he is just very good at that kata. If it were edited, the time at the top would be going fast too.

I slayed 200 flies with my foot and I got to poke a bird before it went away. I always wanted to do that...STICKAAY!