• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

shoulder woes

viskous

well whenever i used to bench press it was always my right shoulder that would give out well before anything else and on occasion id get a sore shoulder (not shoulder muscle) but about a month or two ago i hurt it a bit benching then i geuss i didnt let it heal fully before i experimented with this funny kinda push-up and i totally destroyed my right shoulder, so for the last probably 2 months i havent been able to push my upper body like i would like and i keep getting impatient and doing a few puships here and there and it only aggrevates my shoulder... not into pain just aching..... ive finally after recently trying to do a semi significant amount of pushups decided that i should give it a month or so....... i was just wondering if there were ways to speed up recovery? if i should be concerned? and how i can tell when its really healed? because a couple times i thought it was healed until i got threw a few push-ups only to be corrected

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
well whenever i used to bench press it was always my right shoulder that would give out well before anything else and on occasion id get a sore shoulder (not shoulder muscle) but about a month or two ago i hurt it a bit benching then i geuss i didnt let it heal fully before i experimented with this funny kinda push-up and i totally destroyed my right shoulder, so for the last probably 2 months i havent been able to push my upper body like i would like and i keep getting impatient and doing a few puships here and there and it only aggrevates my shoulder... not into pain just aching..... ive finally after recently trying to do a semi significant amount of pushups decided that i should give it a month or so....... i was just wondering if there were ways to speed up recovery? if i should be concerned? and how i can tell when its really healed? because a couple times i thought it was healed until i got threw a few push-ups only to be corrected

Go to a doctor. The shoulder joint isn't really a joint in the traditional sense, it's mostly held together by ligaments and muscles rather than bone structure. It sounds like you've done something to the rotator cuff, and that will either not heal or heal badly without intervention.

Shoulders can be nasty, lingering injuries. Get a sports doc to check it out.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Yeh get help youve learnt your lesson the hard way in afraid as i did with my ankle i kept pushing it and just prelonged the recovery time

if you cant do upper body exercises you need to have a good nutritional diet aand prehaps if you are able to run,cycle do this as it will help keep the rest of you body in shape leaving only your arms to work on when you get back

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.