• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any OTHER MA you would like to learn?.....

We all believe our own sytem/style is the best (of course) but what other MA would you like to learn if you had the time & $$? I would love to learn Hapkido! I had a small brush with it years ago with a former instructor. It is geared more to actual self defense and covers many effective techniques-throws,locks,chokes along with kicks & punching. Plus-there are no forms to learn! Kick boxing also-unfortunately, we have only TKD schools here in my little town & one Shotokan school.

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done kickboxing for a year, I feel confident enough to defend myself against the average thug, I'm now learning BJJ which I enjoy more than kickboxing. I'd like to learn anything that will help me in a confrontation on the street, I'm not interested in sport-orientated MAs. I will take up another striking art along with BJJ again once I'm out of school (my last year), I don't have enough time to train formally 5-6 days a week.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Hiya Oldrookie.

I agree. If I started a new style, it would have to be Hapkido. When I studied Tang Soo Do in my old dojang, we learned Hapkido self defense on top of TSD forms and one-step sparring. I thought it was the perfect combo of Arts.

Unfortunitely, where I live now (Rochester area of NY) there aren't any Hapkido dojangs :bawling: So I picked TKD because it's the closest Art to TSD. Plus, the people in this school played a big part in me choosing this school. Eventhough it's not a "traditional" version of TKD, the way they train is very traditional. And everyone is so friendly.

So, if I did decide to take another art, the dojang itself would play a big part, too.

Laurie F

Well I would like to take karate again and finish it instead of leaving it and then later on going to kickboxing/ muay thai.

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

Boxing! If a gym was close by that offered it I'd be there satin shorts and all!! :brow:

KarateForums Sensei

1st dan BlackBelt TKD(ITF)

CardioKickboxing/Fitness Inst.

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2002-03-29 19:18 ]