• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ouch !

Hawkeye

I have been diagnosed with bursitis in my knee. Ouch! I'm into my fifth week of limited use and though it is slowly getting better, I still can't use my knee the way I used to. Grrrr! :kaioken:

There. Complain-fest over. For all you athletes out there, don't completely ignore joint pain. Rest and ice those painful joints when you notice them to control inflammation and don't skimp on the warm up and stretching before your activities. Hopefully you can minimize debilitating injuries.

Good luck in your training.

Every timely action will bring results ... Without difficulty. Every untimely endeavor will fail ... If the moment is premature or if the right moment is missed. - The Tree Poem

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

WOW... that sucks. It is important to stretch and properly take care of your body. You only get one!

Good luck with the recovery! Hopefully it will be quick!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

thats a very good point i might add check something if it hurts to see for swelling or otherwise. I was playing footie and i didnt every realise that my ankle had gone. I continued to play and because of that it took about a week before the swelling went down i hadpain but i didnt realise it was that bad till i looked at it. Big mistake if you think your foots swollen you shouldnt take your shoe off or you cant get it back on again.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

Hi, Meguro. I would imagine that age and weight probably factored into the equation as I'm in my thirties and am 6' 1", 223 pounds, but the doctor didn't specify a particular cause beyond "overuse".

Every timely action will bring results ... Without difficulty. Every untimely endeavor will fail ... If the moment is premature or if the right moment is missed. - The Tree Poem

That's a bummer Hawkeye. Just give it as much rest as it requires. Rushing back in to training too soon will only aggravate it, and then you'll have to switch to Tai Chi or something :)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I have reoccuring bursitis in both shoulders.

So I feel for ya...It sucks.

Just modify what you can, relax more, and do those things that come natural.

Never force the issue in regards to pushing your knees or joints to the extreme.

It takes time to adjust, but eventually you will.

If you are believer in God, then prayers wouldn't hurt either.

Good luck!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Hi, Meguro - :D lol !!

Hi, Shogeri. Do you do or take anything to help reduce the inflammation? I've been on fairly hefty daily doses of anti-inflammatories but they have only shown negligible results.