• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

online training?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
You can find many sports that does ALL that, don't need to practice a dozen sports. One that comes to my head is basketball, I played it in my High school team and it demanded alot of speed bursts/change of directions, tactics, made you fit, worked your cardio (breath control? don't need to hold your breath in a fight, just breath deeply and regularly) and of course body control. Or even better, boxing :)

But that still won't make you a martial artist/fighter or whatever. I suggest reading a book that explains the FUNDEMANTALS (basics) of combat and train them on a heavy bag, because without a teacher fundementals is all you can expect to learn to a decent level.

Firstly, I didnt say you need to do a dozen, I was just giving this guy some ideas, he may not like basketball. He may feel that he would like to work on a particular aspect of conditioning like breathing for example.

You said "breath control? don't need to hold your breath in a fight, just breath deeply and regularly" as a martial artist alone you should understand that you never hold you breath on any occasion, swimming included. you dint hold your breath, but slowly release the air whilst you are underwater. Swiming has helped my tai ji a lot over the years.

I really doubt that a compleate beginer in MA is gonna learn anything from a book, other that false self confidence. and he clearly will not understand the "fundimentals" before having any training.

I would also disagree to heavy bag work. Do you know how old this guy is? what sort of condition, is he fat, skinny, weak strong? You dont know, he could be an 11yr old overweight kid whos parents will buy him anything he wants, and you have told him to train on a heavy bag! unsuppervised he could do him self some damage.

of course Boxing would be a good Idea, but do you think he would have asked his question if that was avalible to him?

"Turn to face the sun,

your shodows will fall behind you"

acctually I think it would be a good Idea for

Prabjit

to tell us a lil about him self, then perhaps we could all discus what we all think would be best. Thats what he wanted in the 1st place.

"Turn to face the sun,

At the very least, in addition to bagwork, which aids in power, speed, and focus, comes having a partner to do drills with.

This helps in reaction time, distance (range), footwork, and a whole slew of different concepts.

I agree that you buy a video, and read a book on the basics. However, you will need someone to work with, preferably someone with at least boxing and or wrestling skills.

Your size and age shouldn't really matter when practicing these activities in moderation and with control.

Always focus on the task at hand. If your mind is not in it, your body will be reluctant to be pushed to the limit.

Learn to relax, a move like a rag doll. But move like you mean it.

Those are more readily adaptable to fullow blown Martial Arts than any other sport.

You should also have 30 minutes a day to devote to aerobics, and 30 minutes to stretching and calisthenics.

Then another 30 minutes to 1 hour of hand strikes and leg strike drills.

Not to mention working out in either pre-arranged kumite (or san shou), along with free sparring (jiyu kumite)...

It takes alot of time, effort, and study to do things on your own.

Continue looking for someone to train with in person.

Good luck!

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

Do you guys really feel that its ok to adivise this guy to do heavy bag work and "be pushed to the limit" when you dont know anything about him.

You shouldn't punch anything untill you know that you technique is good. He may not break his hand, but he may not be punching with his back strait, or leaning to one side, or have his head cocked. Punching heavy and punching drills can be very bad for you if your spine is out of line.

"Turn to face the sun,

Do you guys really feel that its ok to adivise this guy to do heavy bag work and "be pushed to the limit" when you dont know anything about him.

No. He would prob. rip up his hands at the very least.

:bawling:

If you don't have prior experiance please seek proffesional help..............wait that didn't come out right. :wink:

Finding a teacher is the best thing to do.

Until then, maintain a level of aerobic activity, stretch plenty, and do punching and kicking drills. Add a little light bagwork, mostly for footwork, and parry maneuvering.

Also, do some shadow boxing, and work out with a partner.

If there are no teachers around what's a guy or gal to do?

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...