• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

push ups?

prabjit

As I understood it doing pushups slow had less benefit since you're not building explosive power (I've usually trained for speed. my record thusfar is 75 pushups in 45 some seconds)

Depends on if you are trying to train the slow or the fast twitch portions of the muscle. 75 in 45 is pretty good. :D

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I understood it doing pushups slow had less benefit since you're not building explosive power (I've usually trained for speed. my record thusfar is 75 pushups in 45 some seconds)

It takes a lot of strength to do push-ups slowly, a lot more than it does to do them quickly. Try and do them at a steady pace: I Mississippi, 2 Mississippi. . . If you can do 75 reps at this rate, you'll be able to knock-off 100 at your faster rate.

Explosive power comes from strength training not endurance training (push-ups are generally regarded as endurance buidling). However, you can increase the resitance, and thereby raise the strength building potential of the basic push-up by raising your feet, wearing a weight vest, or doing one-handed push-ups.

• 1 month later...

It takes a lot of strength to do push-ups slowly, a lot more than it does to do them quickly. Try and do them at a steady pace: I Mississippi, 2 Mississippi. . . If you can do 75 reps at this rate, you'll be able to knock-off 100 at your faster rate.

Explosive power comes from strength training not endurance training (push-ups are generally regarded as endurance buidling). However, you can increase the resitance, and thereby raise the strength building potential of the basic push-up by raising your feet, wearing a weight vest, or doing one-handed push-ups.

also increases if you position your hands closer to your body

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Hey!

I can't even do one push up sadly, and i'm wondering what can u do that can help u do pushups? thanks!

Negatives, negataive, negatives.

Do a bench press with a barbell or dumbells as much weight as you can.

You will get there.