prabjit

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to tell yourself that you can do more than one pushup. I only use to be able to do 7. I can now do 35, which isn't great at all (slowly, not cheating).

Work on it every day. Try to do one more every day. When you get to that last one, hold yourslef up at about 90%. Don't like your elbows. Hold this for as long as you can. You'll hit muscle failure this way. Remember, your mind will tell you to shut down, before your muscles will.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

If you can't push UP, practice static resistance as orion said. Don't flop down to the ground. Always let yourself slowly down.

I found 4 points very helpful:

1) Regularity. You'll get fewer injuries, make faster gains and keep them if you have a regular routine. The more you cheat yourself (or I myself! :oops: ) the more painful it will be to exercise.

2) Technique: Get somebody ELSE to watch you. Are you straight as a board? (troso doesn't dip or arch up.) Are your shoulders level with your torso? Are you breathing?(!)

3) Intensity: Push through the entire length of the pushup. Control the entire way down. Breath. When you can't do any more, it's not necessarily time to call it a day. Your muscles need to replenish resources.

4) Counter balance your front strength. At first it's not a big deal, but as you build power, it your shoulder is increasing danger of being pulled forward out of it's socket.

If you can't push UP, practice static resistance as orion said. Don't flop down to the ground. Always let yourself slowly down.

I found 4 points very helpful:

1) Regularity. You'll get fewer injuries, make faster gains and keep them if you have a regular routine. The more you cheat yourself (or I myself! :oops: ) the more painful it will be to exercise.

2) Technique: Get somebody ELSE to watch you. Are you straight as a board? (troso doesn't dip or arch up.) Are your shoulders level with your torso? Are you breathing?(!)

3) Intensity: Push through the entire length of the pushup. Control the entire way down. Breath. When you can't do any more, it's not necessarily time to call it a day. Your muscles need to replenish resources.

4) Counter balance your front strength. At first it's not a big deal, but as you build power, it your shoulder is increasing danger of being pulled forward out of it's socket.

Well put. 10 improperly done push-ups are about the equivalent to 1 properly done pushup. Form and technique is everything. Do not rush through. In time, your muscle will grow, and your strength will increase. The important thing to remember is to never stop trying.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

I'd read that if your goal was to do a certain number of push-ups, you should start by doing 4 sets of 80% of your target number from your knees. That is, if your target is 100 regular push-ups, do 4 sets of 80 from your knees. If you can't do regular push ups, try reducing the resistance by starting from your knees as I stated above, or by leaning against a wall and pressing against that, or pushing against a chair or staircase. As your strength increases, increase the resistance until you can do regular push-ups to whatever number makes you happy.

Hey!

I can't even do one push up sadly, and i'm wondering what can u do that can help u do pushups? thanks!

If you can't even do one push up, then I'd suggest doing it on your knees first. If you can do 10 on your knees, then you can start trying normal push ups.

What is the best way to do more? BY DOING IT!

I believe you are still a child? If you are a child, muscle gain shouldn't be your major concern. Just eat more and let yourself grow up first. The rest will come later.

I guess hose are good tips, but u can also try weight lifting.Because u don't have to actually work with body weight,and u can build it up until u can actually do push ups and then some.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Do them every day, twice a day. Add one a day. Before I could only do about 5 okay ones. I did them at least twice a day, added one a week and now I am at 16 GOOD pushups. Get a chart do motivate yourself. Its a good feeling when you can do 5 or 10 good pushups.

Also if you have a brother or dad, you kind "challenge them". Kind of have a pushup contest and make someone else watch and make sure you're doing them good.