• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any serious Weight training - Karatekai here???

Russell

Awesome training schedule and diet plan. I got tired just reading it. Congratulations on losing the 67 lbs, that's like a small child on your back jumping off! Thinking about your routine makes me laugh about some people I see highlighted in those makeover reality shows, you know the guys who need the silicone breast implants to get pecs not to mention the the numerous liposuction addicts.

Salmon, or any fish for that matter, shouldn't smell fishy if it's fresh. If you're getting it pre-packaged at the supermarket, it ain't the freshest. Shop where you can find the fish on ice. Lately they've been saying that the amount of mercury in oily fish like salmon is too much for regular consumption. This is a problem for me as I love the taste of salmon. Another fish you might like is arctic char, very similar in taste, if not a little lighter.

Yeah, those shows make me sick. Along with all the diet pills that people take, and complain when they don't lose anything. I was at a dinner the other night, and my friends girl frined lost 25lbs on some pill that her doctor prescribed. My buddy looked at me and said "Ha, and she barely works out, and you workout all the time, and eat nasty food". Things like this tick me off. Think of how hard I have worked. Oh well. It will pay off in the end.

Well, the salmon doesn't stink when it's not being cooked. I usually do it on the George Forman grill, and that lets off alot of fums ;)

Her stomach gets upset easily, so you can imagine how happy she gets when I do that. It's even gotten to the point she bakes it all for me. It tastes better that way too :)

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Her stomach gets upset easily, so you can imagine how happy she gets when I do that. It's even gotten to the point she bakes it all for me. It tastes better that way too :)

I guess sushi/sashimi is out of the question. :) I like salmon broiled and seasoned with just a little salt and pepper. Raw isn't bad either but a sushi chef does that for me.

Guys!!!! We dont want to fill this up with diets and training logs, just post wether you think its a good idea so we can have our own weight training forum.

We just need lots of ppl to say yes.

"Turn to face the sun,

your shodows will fall behind you"

Guys!!!! We dont want to fill this up with diets and training logs, just post wether you think its a good idea so we can have our own weight training forum.

Ummmm :roll: .... You're already posting in it. Everyone who has a question about weight training, excersise, and conditioning comes here :)

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

That's what this forum is for. There are a lot of people here that use weights to supplement their training, but I don't think that there is enough separate interest in weightlifiting to have a separate forum.

So no, I don't think it's a good idea.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Ok sorry guys, Just thort It migh be a good Idea to have as a referance for noobs. On other forums noobs ask the same Q's over and over and I thort it may save time.

"Turn to face the sun,

other night, and my friends girl frined lost 25lbs on some pill that her doctor prescribed. My buddy looked at me and said "Ha, and she barely works out, and you workout all the time, and eat nasty food". Things like this tick me off. Think of how hard I have worked. Oh well. It will pay off in the end.

Yep. Studies have proved over and over again, that losing weight with drugs or wierd diets without attendant lifestyle changes results (A majority of the time) in the person gaining the lost weight back + interest.

So, in a few months, when she plumps back up again, let your buddy know about it. :D

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

I'm not a bodybuilder (far from it!!!!)

But I am proud of my body because its something I have to show for my efforts, Just like when your proud of wearing your black belt.

Many ppl are so far away from being healthy that they stop careing.

I think the pills are a good idea. They may be bad for you, but they give larger ppl an insentive to start a healthy life style. I think the idea of the pill is to show someone what they can have if they put in the effort. However with ppl like Orions friend they seem to back fire cos they think they can just take tonnes of pills.

"Turn to face the sun,