• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Any serious Weight training - Karatekai here???

Russell

Right you are. I think it's great that you care about your body. If more people did that, the less temptation we would have (McDonalds, M&M's, junk food) Keep going dude. I started out being very fat, and now 1 year later, I have pretty good definition and my abs are starting to show. I have worked and continue to work very hard for my body. Keep at it. One day, it will all pay off, for the rest of your life :)

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me to.

I stopped karate for a year cos i broke my hand and started getting fat.

Then I started exersising and started to enjoy it.

In just over a year I went from 12stone to 9stone, thats 168lbs to 126lbs. I hardly changed my diet at all.

Then In the past year ive got back up to 140Lbs with my weight training but have a lower body fat % than when I was 126lbs.

Im pretty pleased about it. Having more muscle aids every aspect of my life. I dont get any back pains from working anymore because I can handle it. Im also stronger than my Dad witch is a proud moment for any man. It may seem petty but I mean he deff wont be picking you up and throwing you in the pool anymore!!!!!!!

"Turn to face the sun,

your shodows will fall behind you"

about the pills thing,I think it's a very bad idea because it has a lot of side effects and well it's just to much chemicals.It's better going natural or taking supplements that your body already has or takes in.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

I agree that the pills are bad, But I think there were designed to be a kick in the but for large ppl.

I can understand why a doctor would advise them for a one time use. This way it gives people a head start to change there life style.

Im sure everyone would agree that its best to go natural, but some people are way past fat, and dont dare anymore. At least this gives them a chance.

"Turn to face the sun,

How about creatine? It is made naturaly in your body anyway. Many athleates use it jst to speed up recovery time so there muscles dont ache the next day.

And multi vitamins.

"Turn to face the sun,

multi vitamins yes, but creatine hmmm well sometimes but not for a long time.I don't want to start a thread on the pros and cons of creatine,so I'll just leave it like that.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Yes, weighlifting definately helps out my martial arts training (as well as my confidence in myself, which then goes back into my martial arts training).

As far as diet, those pills aren't the only thing that will make you rebound once you stop.

Look at the Atkins diet... everyone I know who has gone through it and worked carbs back into their life just gained it all back.

In fact many people think "diet" is something you go on to lose weight. In reality, it's the way you eat, not for 3 months, but on a long term.

I naturally weighed in around 175-180, now I have bulked up to 200 with an actual decrease in body fat (Primarily because a lot of the calories are now being burned up by the extra mass). My diet is something like this:

Breakfast:

Scrambled eggs over whole wheat toast

OR

Large bowl of oatmeal

Morning Protein Shake

Lunch: Grilled chicken in some form, usually with or part of a salad

Apple on afternoon break

Protein shake after workout

Dinner varies a lot. I'm a big fan of vietnamese pho noodles. Also, I love sushi. A lot of the time I'll have chicken or tuna for dinner, but lately I've been falling victim to these chicken filled fried dough dumplings... yes, fried food, I know. Terrible.

Also, I drink a lot of water during the day (carry a large water bottle with me all the time)

As far as vitamins/supplements: B-Complex, C 500, Creatine Fuel, Amino Fuel, and Omega-3 EFA's

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.