• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shito-Ryu

orion82698

Stand in Shiko Dachi, horse stance with the toes pointed out at 45 degrees.

To lead with the left leg, turn the left foot to 90 degrees with your heels in line.

Rotate your waist in that direction forcing you shoulders more squared to face the left direction.

It is important not to move the right foot or leg when positioning yourslef. A common error is to let the right knee lean inward instead of being forced outwards.

I would think that Okinawan Away Stance would be more different.

"Persistence outweighs natural ability."

"If we were interested in using brute force alone it would not be karate."

• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello:

I am member of World Shito-ryu Karate-do Federation in Mexico Country. Shito-ryu is a style based in some koryu schools of Okinawa and Honshu:

Shurite (Naihanchin, Pinan, Bassai-dai, etc).

Nahate (Sanchin, Tensho, Sochin, Pachu, etc).

Tomarite (Wanshu, Jion, Wando, Chinshu, Rohai, etc)

Hakutsuru-ken (Hakucho, Happoren, Nipaipo, Hakutsuru, etc).

Judo Nage-waza.

Sato-ryu Kempo (in some breaches, Shito-kai for example).

Okinawa Kobudo (bo, sai, tonfa, etc).

Nippon Kobudo (katana, jo, shuriken, etc).

Is a school of velocity of movements, natural postures, many study of Kata and Bunkai. Is one of Yondan Ryu-ha of Japan (Shotokan, Goju-ryu, Shito-ryu and Wado-ryu).

Regards.

Is Shito-ryu just another term for Shukokai?

I believe that Shito Ryu is part of Shudokan Association in that it is of lineage of Itosu...

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Hi:

Kenwa Mabuni register Shito-ryu in Japan in 1934 and he are friend of Kanken Toyama (Shudokan) both masters have training with Anko Itosu and Kanryo Higaonna.

In this time the Association Shudokan was a group where there was registered most of the teachers of Karate of the island Honshu and realized activities together.But this collaboration I end with Kenwa Mabuni's death in 1952.

Hi:

Kenwa Mabuni register Shito-ryu in Japan in 1934 and he are friend of Kanken Toyama (Shudokan) both masters have training with Anko Itosu and Kanryo Higaonna.

In this time the Association Shudokan was a group where there was registered most of the teachers of Karate of the island Honshu and realized activities together.But this collaboration I end with Kenwa Mabuni's death in 1952.

My mistake,

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

Manbuni developed what he first caled the hanko or "half-hard" style. Later, he changed the name to shito, deriving the name from the alternate reading of the ideograms found in the names of his former teachers. Shi for the "ito" of Itosu and to for the "higa" of Higaonna.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1