• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How far do travel to train regularly?

Not the long trip 3-4 times a year to see your high rank instructor. But how far do you travel for regular workouts? If you make a weekly trip to train under a higher rank in addition to your normal training, add that too.

In my career, I traveled a half hour for one school, 10 minutes for another, 1 1/2 hours for another, & 5 minutes each for 2 others.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
20 minutes by car for current dojang. In the past, I have driven up to 40 minutes.

Longest I've driven on a regular basis is 35 minutes. My current dojangh is about 10-15 minutes by car.

Oh, and I don't have to travel to train with a high rank, my current school owners are a Master (6th degree) with about 8 months to go to Senior Master, and our other is a 6th degree Master Candidate (She should be getting her Master at Worlds next June.)

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

My TKD instructor is 8th dan, so I train with a high rank on a regular basis LOL.

My Jujitsu instructor is 5th dan, but no traveling required for now. He comes to us (my house). But when his wife's school gets up and running, we may swap weeks (he travels here every other week, and we go there every other week). We haven't worked that out yet. That will be an hour drive.

Laurie F

I would travel that hour, no sweat. Between him and his wife, they have so much knowledge in MA between the both of them. It wouldn't even bother me to travel that far. They both rock ;) It would be totally worth the drive even if it was 2 hours.

Laurie F