• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Shins

Kumori

What are some ways I can condition my shins ?

As of right now , I am using this iron rod i have thats about a inch thick and ways around 2 lbs to roll up and down my shins and lightly tap them.

Are there any other ways I can condition them / Am I doing it right?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I kick a heavy bag (60-80kg's) with my instep's and shin's daily, this helps to prepare the shins for hits to the muscles/skin, and helps to show oneself how the body reacts to a full force kick impact.

Just get a heavy bag and proceed to roundhouse kick.

This way you can kill to birds with one stone and practice your technique while strengthening your shins and feet.

Osu.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

or if you cant get access to a heavy bag u can put some sand in a bag then stil that inside a sock have enough sand so it fits the foot part of the sand then tie a knot in the ankle part and wrap the ankle bit ove the sock againwrap around 3 mor socks doing the same then 1 more sock but dont wrap the ankle bit over use tis as the handle and you have made yourself a mini sandbag.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

btw there is a good topic in the kickbozing section with all this info

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

What are some ways I can condition my shins ?

As of right now , I am using this iron rod i have thats about a inch thick and ways around 2 lbs to roll up and down my shins and lightly tap them.

Are there any other ways I can condition them / Am I doing it right?

Please, PLEASE tell me you are finished growing!!

Your bones have a covering called the periosteum, that thickens the bones as you grow. A hard enough impact will kill the periosteum in a small area, resulting in a "dent" in the bone.

You want the nerves in the skin to be used to impact, not the bone itself, so get a heavy bag or similar and whack your legs against that. The whole Van Damme kicking a tree thing is just movie fantasy.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Yeah , I dont think I am done growing :P

Im 14 right now

Don't be too sure. The only way you can know for sure at that age is to have an x-ray done of the epiphyseal plates at the ends of your bones. I grew about 7" over my first two years of college (Thank god!!), and I was 19/20ish at the time.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player