• advertisement_alt

lifting weights

Chris05

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Go ahead and lift weights.

I started when I was your age and am now 21

I would lift every other day for a while until you get used to it.

Use heavy weights,3-6 sets 4-9 repititions;

then with small breaks in-between, lift lighter weights with more

sets and alot more reps. Do not expect to see results for a long time.

You should be able to feel results right away. seriously LIFT WEIGHTS

and make it part of your life instead of a task. You could watch a movie

or listen to music to make your workout easier.

Working out will not stunt your growth at all.

children up to 10 years old should not lift to their maximum ability,

that can create problems occasionally. You are old enough. lift away!

especially if you want the women!

don't get mad, don't get even, get ahead

You can lift weights, just don't do anything too heavy and crazy... remember, you're still growing. Stay away from Creatine and stuff like that for a few years. Besides, Creatine is just a way of making water find it's way to the muscle. If you drink plenty of water, it will happen naturally!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

You can lift weights, just don't do anything too heavy and crazy... remember, you're still growing. Stay away from Creatine and stuff like that for a few years. Besides, Creatine is just a way of making water find it's way to the muscle. If you drink plenty of water, it will happen naturally!

That isn't the only thing that creatine does but that is a big exponent of it. I'd agree to shy away from supplementation until you're an adult except in cases of some protein shakes and vitamins.

As far as lifting goes, I suggest you start with light weights (stuff you can do for 3 sets of 10-12 reps) until you build up the knowledge and skill level to lift properly. Most people with years of practice have horrible form which can get you hurt. If you can afford it, seek out a personal trainer to show you how to lift with correct form. Make sure he is certified, though.

Click here for a great resource on working out. It even shows you proper form. There's a faq section that can answer many questions you may have, also.

The only thing for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

1) Stay away from heavy lifting. Concentrate more on getting the form for every lift correct first. You have plenty of time to start hoisting cars. :D If you are confused on a lift, get a trainer to show you the correct method.

2) Stay away from supplementation. I personally use Creatine and protein powders, but you shouldn't need it at your age if your diet is adequate.

Just like your MA, start slow and build correct form first.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

If you want to build strength and mass, you need to go heavy. I can tell you a list of good ruotines for adding both.

Quattro Dynamo, anti bodybuilding Hypertrophy, and the waterbury method are all methods used by chad waterbury.

Westside for Skinny B*astards, Westside, and Russian peaking routines will help put on a lot of strength.

Here is the routine I am doing now.

http://www.joeskopec.com/ruspeak.html

By bench is 265, ATG squat of 250(yeah, I know), and a deadlift of 355.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

That's a good workout, for someone over the age of 18. If you don't believe us, consult your physician. My advice, lift, but lift light. Give it time. You have the rest of your life to pound heavy weights!

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

Lifting heavy is not bad for you in any way if you are under 18. Lifting light does nothing. I've been doing it for a few years, and it has done me nothing but good. I'm 17 right now.

If you can't laugh at yourself, there's no point. No point in what, you might ask? there's just no point.

Many people seem to take Karate to get a Black Belt, rather than getting a Black Belt to learn Karate.

im the same age as you and i only lift light weights what im doing is that when i got to the gym im progressivly making everything heavier as i get better. I prefer lots of light weight repitions as these give you better muscle memory which improves your speed which is my aim heavier weights will give more strength type results

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.