• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

trail by fire movie

a bullet ttravels at roughly 200 to 300 mph depending on what gun it is shot from sound travels at roughly 700mph by the time you hear the shot you have about 2.5sec to move including the time it takes to make a decision it

cant be done

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
a bullet ttravels at roughly 200 to 300 mph depending on what gun it is shot from sound travels at roughly 700mph by the time you hear the shot you have about 2.5sec to move including the time it takes to make a decision it

cant be done

I'm not sure where you get your sources....A slow-moving handgun bullet is more like 800ft/s or 545mph. This means that if you are 50 feet away from this handgun being fired at you, you only have 0.063 seconds to respond. That is less that 1/15th of a second to hear the sound and respond to it. Good luck.

R. McLain

cant be done

It's a lot less than that. More like a fraction of a second. By the time you hear the shot, it has already hit it's target, unless you have fired it straight into the air, or you're shooting a moutain from like 2 miles away. Someone standing 10 to even 100 yards away would have the bullet inside of them by the time the mind realizes the sound. Pretty scary though. Catching a bullet.... maybe with a vital organ, not with your hands.

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

A bullet can be a avoided by raising your hands up or wearing a bullet proof west.

Heh. I won't touch the first, as for the second-

Pointed tips with a teflon coating will go through most kevlar vests. Also, most police are being trained in knife defense as it has been found out that a knife will go through the fibers of a vest as well.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• 1 month later...

You don't have to be faster then a bullet, only faster them the reflexes of the guy pulling the trigger. Plus consider range; the bigger the distance the more gravity pulls it down & a crosswind can effect where it goes. Dodging a bullet is possible at a long range & if you know it's coming. The speed of the bullet (not muzzle velocity) has allot to do with the caliber of the round.

Bullet proof vests are false security, it may stop the round but the force is still absorbed into your body on impact. A bleeding hole is traded for internal bleeding. Not much better either way.

It's not that I feel the world owes me anything, I don't. But, on that note. What do I owe the world? Not a thing!

• 4 months later...