• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do I know if my nose is broken?

keith_aquino

Today, I just had my Taekwondo tournament. I won first place!

Unfortunately, another prize was a bleeding nose. :(

I don't know if my nose is broken; it's definitely flatter though. The left side of my nose is flatter than the other side. Does this mean that I have a crooked nose?

How do I heal it faster? I've iced it a few minutes after I got it, does this help? Thanks guys in advanced! :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

your best bet is to go to the docs or the hospital. when ever i get an injury i always get it checked out even if ive dones the tests my self and im 100% sure what the problem is. i always think its best to get a professional to look at it and he /she can give u the advice you need.

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

Agreed. sounds like you have a deviated septum. Actually breaking the nose is not easy but having the septum, a piece of cartilage attached to the bone ridge in your nose, detached is rather common.

The concerns are many. Despite what a lot of people think, having a broken nose or a deviated septum can create many health problems, including rhinitus, sinusitus, nasal polyps, regular hemmorhaging, etc.

I've had them all. Three surgical operations later and i still have problems...

Go to a doctor and get it checked out.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

well, casting means you'll walk around with this thing on you face for a month or so. Operation for noses are outpatient services nowadays, but they'll have to put you under. If you've been under anaesthetics before, then no biggie... but if you haven't, there's always the risk you would be allergic to the anaesthetic or have some as of yet undiagnosed heart problem and *poof*.

These sort of questions should be directed to your doctor. Some additional questions you might pose are: if the fracture is going to cause regular hemmorhaging, if it impedes the nasal passages, are there any protuding bone fragments or is the cartilage exposed (broken through skin), are there any other nose/sinus problems noted that should be addressed (polyps, etc), and if the injury is mostly cosmetic... whether it is unseemly.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro