• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

mediation

Chris05

just for informaton meditation has been scientifically linked with increased intelligence and longer life

Can you provide a link or name of the scientific journal where you found this? I might like to read about that.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The above doesn't surprise me.

Sleep, and or the results we get from having power naps provides us with similar results.

:)

Current:Head Instructor - ShoNaibuDo - TCM/Taijiquan/Chinese Boxing Instructor

Past:TKD ~ 1st Dan, Goju Ryu ~ Trained up 2nd Dan - Brown belt 1 stripe, Kickboxing (Muay Thai) & Jujutsu Instructor

Be at peace, and share peace with others...

• 2 months later...

well you start by laying down but make sure your back is strait and you are comfortable. Then clear your mind and get rid of any foreign thoughts.Then start to breath and every four breaths take one deep breath and when you let out relax all of your muscles.

e-mail:

one_with_fire_rusioka@yahoo.com

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

breath in wiht your nose and out with your mouth. feet flat on floor back strait. think of nothing.

"Now the valiant can fight; the cautious can defend, and the wise counsel. Thus there is none whose talent is wasted."

-Li Ch'uan-

• 1 month later...

When I first began making meditation a regular part of my daily routine, I noticed at first small changes in my ability to concentrate and focus, especially in karate class. When I performed long chamber or other controlled sparring, things would actually slow down around me (no Matrix jokes, please :) ). Gradually my concentration became such that I could command focus at will that I never imagined possible. And I still have a long way to go.

Also, I enjoy puzzles of all sorts, including crossword, sudoku, and Jumbles. If I puzzle after a meditation session, I am joyfully amazed at how clear and easy everything is.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

I find meditating in nature to be particularly refreshing, provided I'm somewhere private. I found a great place one time along a creek in the spring sunshine and was quite relaxed untill someone started waving their hand in front of my face and then shook me. Then, with a really vacant expression on their face, they asked if I was meditating. I said yes and then they asked if I had any pot they could bum off me. When I said I don't smoke, they asked if I wanted to buy some. People are really strange.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 1 month later...

This may sound a little crazy to some of you, but one of the ways I meditate is the brown bag method. When I am worrying about different things, which is often because I am recently a single mom with two kids, I sit down and get comfortable. Then tighten all of my muscles in a sequence from head to toe for a few seconds then relax them. When my entire body is relaxed I then begin to take the individual things that are in my life and put them one by one in a brown paper bag in my mind. I then wad them up and throw them in the trash leaving nothing in my mind except black empty space. There in the middle of nowhere in my mind I find peace.

Heather

You are only as good as you believe you can be!