Chris05

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My confirmed deepest moment of meditation occured 20 years ago when we were camping. I was 22 and had just woken up. As i jumped off the overhead bunk my elbow smacked the protruding handle of the mini-fridge. I realized i was going to be in severe pain, so i opted to exploit my mental state (having just woken up) and threw myself under immediately. I went on my knees, held my elbow, and began to do that silly 'ohm, ohm' thing. Unfortunately an ugly scene occurred after when my mother came into the camper and saw me on the floor. Not knowing what i was doing, but having heard the loud impact my elbow had made earlier, she panicked (as she is want to do) and proceeded to slap me repeatedly.

I don't recall her slapping me (she informed me of her actions after), but i do recall my body shaking uncontrollably... for having been wrenched out of my meditation. I had to park on the bed for a good 20 minutes just to regain composure, inner balance.

And the point of all this?

If you opt to perform meditation, make sure you do so in privacy and ensure those around you know what you're doing, lest they 'panic' and go off on you. Also, i recommend you study meditation under someone who 'knows' what they're doing, lest you learn 'unhealthy' ways of meditating. Meditation, although seemingly cut and dry, is not. There is a certain point at which you 'carefully' travel past a stage one friend psychologist labeled the 'primal' stage.

I.e., as in all things, seek direct professional instruction, not word of mouth, word of written, or video. Every person is different and meditation is wholely individualistic.

(( story edited for brevity and clarity of message ))

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• 2 weeks later...

interesting that energising thing ui recently did some push ups and after my arms where really hurting but i had nothing to do so i thought id meditate after doing so for about 10min the pain in my arms was gone. Natural recovery or energising?

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.